Large touchscreen dashboard

Can I use a +20" touchscreen monitor as a touchscreen dashboard?

I could have the monitor powered by an always on pc located in different location, or on a virtual machine. My vision is to have a dashboard powered by fully kiosk and dakboard running as a screen saver displaying photos when no one is standing within 5-10ft of a motion sensor that will be place directly below the dashboard. Also, I would like to integrate a doorbell camera that when the doorbell is pressed the screen turns to full screen of the doorbell camera view.

My concerns are that the touchscreen monitor might not operate as needed. Or I wont know of any drivers I would need to make this happen.

Does anyone know of any builds that give complete instructions? Or has anyone done this and what were your outcome and hurdles?

This is 21,5’’ touchscreen. It is connected to chromebrox below it and it using Fully Kiosk app. You can find this touchscreen on Amazon.

1 Like

There doesn’t appear to be a Fully Kiosk app for PC. However, I can confirm that HA works perfectly well on a 24" touchscreen using a normal browser (Opera, Firefox). Firefox has a kiosk mode and Opera has a full-screen mode.

It would be inspiring to see touch screen implementations from HASS users. What screen you used (link on amazon?), what drives it, and how it was setup in the house.

I have a wall space that could house a touch screen but I would rather not cut into the drywall to recess it all (because my urge to upgrade is way too frequent to deal with repairing drywall/texture/paint), so I am looking for ideas on alternatives.

I should have mentioned, I will be using Home Assistant. Sorry.

Oh, so you are asking whether HASS OS has full support for touch screens or whether there are any variants to avoid, right?

Why not avoid the issue altogether, and run HASS OS on a separate machine, and the touchscreen is just powered by something that can run a supported browser… or the native Android app?

OK. Here’s an old Android phone (Android 6, I think) being used as an alarm system keypad.

It’s running the Fully Kiosk app with the start URL set to a lovelace dashboard containing an alarm control panel. All other dashboards are hidden. Attached to a whiteboard by the back door with magnetic pads. No SIM card necessary. Needs recharging about once a week.

2 Likes

Ok, I think I will try this when my touchscreen monitor shows up. Thank you

the link is dead, i am also lookin’ for a large screen dashboard for HA

That tends to happen when you reply to a 3 year old post.

Have a search through the hardware category - you’ll find more recent threads with working links.

thank you! thats quite confusing, i see no trees anymore bcs of so many forests with all that multidimensional threads…

hard to find one real good link as that one what was linked and shown as pic in this thread.

Here, take your pick from these. Last one contains a post of mine saying there’s plenty of posts and pictures in the HA facebook group.