Lets Encrypt - Problem connecting to server (get for https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory; curl returned with 6)

Hi

I have Hassio with Duckdns and Letsencrypt module all was working fine until recently now I get the following error and cannot connect, anyone else getting this problem?

DuckDNS Log in Hassio:

starting version 3.2.2
INFO: Using main config file /data/workdir/config
ERROR: Problem connecting to server (get for https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/directory; curl returned with 6)

I’m getting a similar error,

ERROR: Problem connecting to server (post for https://acme-v01.api.letsencrypt.org/acme/new-reg; curl returned with 52)

I get it when I try to generate a new certificate. No idea why, and nobody seems to have any insight into why…wish I could help but I’m in the same boat.

found this on a curl error code site: curl error 6

CURLE_COULDNT_RESOLVE_HOST (6)

Couldn’t resolve host. The given remote host was not resolved.

I also have this issue. I think it happens after a recent reboot. I upgraded recently to 0.61.1.
I have find out that the docker could not resolve any name.

Hi

Thanks for posting I think there is a problem with duckdns because I cannot ping any of my duckdns.org domain names. Anyone else with the same problem?

If I do this:

Create this file with the following contents to set two DNS, firstly your network’s DNS server, and secondly the Google DNS server to fall back to in case that server isn’t available:

/etc/docker/daemon.json:

{
“dns”: [“192.168.0.1”, “8.8.8.8”]
}
Then restart the docker service:

sudo service docker restart

Then, the DuckDNS addon starts and Letsencrytp is accessed properly, but the other addons break.

P.S.: I am running Hassio in a Ubuntu host.

1 Like

Your problems generating new certificates are likely related to this:

For anyone else using unRaid (or Docker for the linuxserver/letsencrypt container) you might also want to read this:

https://lime-technology.com/forums/topic/51808-support-linuxserverio-letsencrypt-nginx/?page=48&tab=comments#comment-619392

Hi

Thanks for your post, this validates my understanding of the reason for the issues experienced. There is a need for the developers of the DuckDns Addon to review the issue and adjust the code.

I have raised an issue will link to this post.

temporary fix?

I use the same settings. Dod you solve?

No.
I am afraid that we have to wait for the DuckDNS addon developers to provide a fix or switch to another solution for SSL.
I am considering Caddy if the solution takes long time. But I am a newbie in this issues…

try this

Aaaah! That´s it! I got it finally working.
Thanks a lot!

This worked for me also or a coincidence that the ability to ping xxxxxx.duckdns.org started to work?

OMG! I love you! I’ve been fighting this issue for a couple days now for this add-on and Custom Dependencies! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

This may be already on here but this worked for me with ubuntu 18.04:

sudo ln -sf /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf

solved my issues with duckdns.org and hass.io

7 Likes

Hey, thanks for posting your solution after all this time.

It just so happens that I’m also trying to setup duckdns with let’sencrypt and failing miserably. In my case your solution achieved nothing cause I dont have a /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf to symlink to so it just creates an empty resolv.conf in /etc/

The other solutions I gathered from other similar threads also fail:

• creating daemon.json with dns addresses in docker broke hassio
  • mapping port 80 to 85 in my router and then trying to run the addon container with -p 85:80 (I just don’t know the init commands to that.)

My installation is hass.io on a Ubuntu 18.04 server running as a virtualbox VM in windows10. I’ve got no other issues regarding networking and even have Pi-Hole up and running.

Any other ideas would be very welcome and promptly tested

Thank you @Eszyman, that fixed my connectivity issues with Hassio and DuckDNS running on Ubuntu Server 17.10, which I have running in VirtualBox within Windows 10.

I have been looking for a solution to this problem ever sens I have upgraded my install from 16.04 to 18.04. Your solution is the first one that worked for me. Thank you for you help.

I run the " sudo ln -sf /run/systemd/resolve/resolv.conf /etc/resolv.conf " on my ubuntu 18.04.01, and now i can´t acess to the home assistant page in my home network (192.168.x.x:8123)

I have Hassio v. 0.86.3 and I couild’t edir resiolve.cnf file
How can I do to add google dns?