LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning

How do-able is this for a Linux amateur? Can all the scripts be executed from within HASSIO? Also is there any delay in response?

Karsten,

It is pretty straightforward if you follow the instructions. I had very little Linux to do - that was more about not having some pre-requisites installed particular to my Hyper-V based VM.

Give it a go - the peeps on here are really helpful if you get stuck but the key is to follow the instructions as far as you can first.

Cheers,

Phil

Is it true that the Python command can not be executed from within Terminal/SSH from within Home Assistant?

Yes but you don’t need to. you can do most of the set-up from the front end now.

I could not find the repository in HACS so I manuelly added both WideQ & Smartthing to custom comp folder. Can you now also retrieve the token from the front-end? Also is the Wideq Api2 a better/newer option?

Hi,
Did someone face sucha a situation?: I installed LG SmartThinQ Appliances and I was able to get the refresh token. After defining:

smartthinq:
    token: xxxxxxxxx
    region: DE
    language: en-US

in my congiuration.yaml file and restarting HA I’m getting the notiication that I should check my configuration file because the smartthinq integration is invalid. Of course, I can’t see my AC devices in HA.

obraz

I’d be really glad for your help!

Is there any other information or guide to successfully add an AC?

1 Like

nope wideQ is junk and not supported smarthing does not work either

Hi,
I am new to HA and have been tinkering on the system for 2 months now.
I am trying the addon (https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors) steps but I think I encountering some errors on language and country code. I don’t think it is my country but the country where my account database is.
So you have any idea how to retrieve this info?

PS: I am from Brazil.

Olá @brazil885

Você conseguiu finalizar a configuração? Acredito que o erro seja no código do país e lingua.

Estou tentando o addon pelo HACS (https://github.com/ollo69/ha-smartthinq-sensors).

I almost made it work using BR as country and en-US as language with @filipecalvo reply ( LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning )

No errors on log but no sensors created… :frowning:

Fiz quase funcionar usando BR como pais e en-US como idioma com a resposta do @filipecalvo ( LG Smartthinq Air Conditioning ).

Sem erros no log mas nenhum sensors criado… :frowning:

Well my LG system is finally installed, Got the android app working and now starting the process of linking it to home assistant. Fingers crossed lol.

So I got my token and put it in the config file with smartthinq but no entity’s show up in the LS or entities… I used the API2 fork and got further with actual aircon details now but cant put that into home assistant. So my question is has anyone got the LG Smartthinq working with the API2 and home assistant?

Boa tarde, tudo bem? Você conseguiu realizar a integração do ar lg? Eu estou com dificuldades nesta integração também. Nome caso após instalar o portainer eu não consigo ter acesso a pasta custom_components. Obrigado.

To do that you need to go-to settings of portainer and unhide the containers.

Hi all, i have the problem with the command. I stuck with the command python3.
please help me to get the token.

try typing “which python3”. Its should be installed and this command will give you the full path to it. So if it says /xxxxx/yyyyy/python3 then stick the “/xxxxx/yyyyy/“ infront of your python3 command and try again.

I am also looking for guidance how I can add my 2 LG Smart ThinQ Airconditioners. I’ve added the HACS integration “SmartThinQ LGE Sensors”, but getting stuck at the configuration. I cannot figure out how I can do the configuration via the web UI: “Simply add a new “integration” and look for “SmartThinQ LGE Sensors” among the proposed ones and follow setup worflow .” Does anyone know what this “follow setup workflow” means?

Hi sliwkacz,
Did you fix that issue?

I am looking at getting the LG B55AWY-7G5A system at the moment… so its working well in HA? Which WiFi module is recommended?

Yup @wishie - works a treat. Heres my setup if it helps ya.

Outside-Unit Model: B55AWY U3G6
In-Roof Model: B55AWY N7G5A
In-Roof WiFi Dongle: PWFMDD201 (model LCW-005)
Indoor Control Panel: PREMTB001 / PREMTBB01