Life360 stop working

Thanks, but I need the more detailed messages in the log file. Debug messages don’t show up in this view by default.

You need to either search the home-assistant.log file in the same folder as configuration.yaml, or you can click “LOAD FULL LOGS” on the Settings → System → Logs page, then use the “Search logs” box at the top to search for the word life360.

immagine
I solved like this:

in the core_config.entries file I re-entered a new password, then I went to the app from the cell phone and changed the password, putting the one entered in the file.

You are right, updating the versione it starter to work again.
Now I’ve a new issue “HACS stopper to work. No possibilità to update it.

I was able to get it working again. I did what RedBull said, i edited the core_config.entries file and put a new password in. I then rebooted Home Assistant and went on my phone and changed my Life360 password to match. I then was able to go into Devices and Services and delete Life360. I then just added it back in and used my new password to connect.

1 Like

perfect, at least now it works ^^

1 Like

Please see: Life360 Device Tracker Platform - #1697 by pnbruckner

1 Like

oh no! today it doesn’t work again, it asks me to login

Same here, asking to reconfigure. I think MFA is causing the issue.

2 Likes

Same problem here. I went to the website and my older session was still active, so I signed out. When I tried to sign in, my password was no longer accepted. It looks like they have changed something so that the only way to login is with phone number.

Update: I went to support and used their reset password link to change I password. I chose search using email and reset my password to the same value it was previously (it allowed me to do this). After that, I restarted HA - still get the same error.

Beyond the auth issues, it looks like Life360 has changed their web site. Instead of having a usable web app, all that is there is a bunch of “upgrade now” garbage and basic support options.

Is it possble to get the IOS app to report location and ditch Life360 all together?

:100: - the iOS app should already be reporting location unless you’ve turned it off!

1 Like

Same situation Invalid authentication, need reconfigure.

1+ here. Just stopped working today.

+1 same as others; was working fine but today getting Invalid authentication, need reconfigure. Verified user/pass is correct but it the integration doesn’t accept the credentials as valid. Are they forcing MFA now?

If you’re looking for a swift solution, manually implement it by accessing the commit on the Official Github repository here

I just changed this file in my Home Assistant docker container:
/usr/local/lib/python3.11/site-packages/life360/api.py

It works for me now.

Thank you to @pnbruckner et al. for quickly resolving this!

2 Likes

Fix to life360 (package, not the HA integration) has been released. See temporary workaround here: Life360 Device Tracker Platform - Third party integrations - Home Assistant Community (home-assistant.io)

1 Like

I am facing the same problem here.
Is there a simple fix to solve this, or do I have to wait for an official update?

no simple fixes - either the workaround above which involves updating the manifest of the integration manually, or like you say, waiting for next update.

Excellent
Thank you !

That previous post is a workaround. It is no longer required and I would strongly recommend not applying it. Simply update to 2023.12.4 (or later), and you should be able to get the Life360 integration working again.

If you run into any issues, please see this post for more detail and suggestions.

1 Like

Trying to catch all the Life360 related threads…

Something changed this morning that broke the integration again. I’m throwing in the towel. It’s become much too difficult to try to keep up with a moving target that may be purposely trying to “hide” itself.

1 Like