Lists for everything - beyond shopping only

Hi. The Shopping List component has become very very popular in our household, now my wife wants me to integrate a similar To Do list. Todoist component is overkill for us, and the HA Shopping List is so elegant and functional. Seems to be a shame it is limited to Shopping only. Why not replace it with a Shared List component; where a user can configure more than one list… Shopping, To Do, Home repairs, Tasks for lazy son, etc…

I stumbled across this page but have no idea what GitHub pull requests are and whether there is any code here that can help me. #18875 (Lay groundwork for multiple lists in shopping-list)

Alternatively, would it be possible to copy the code from Shopping List component, edit-out all Shopping List references to be for example ToDo List, and reference something like .todo_list.json - then install it as a custom component? Could that work in the interim?

Thanks
Milster

I am also interested in having multiple list.

I already asked for updates in topic Multiple Shopping-lists but no feedback :frowning:

Also, is this currently the best bet for storing lists of recent phone calls? I can’t think where else or how else I could store this information in HA

Sorry for being a bit oftopic here, but I’d like to propose a new function to Shopping List and since everyone here are using it - I think it may be a good place to bring attention.
Please vote for it here: Shopping list - add possibility to reorder items

1 Like

Been looking but still can’t see if multiple shopping lists was implemented. Has anyone managed to get something working?

multiple shared list could be just perfect … +1
with an android widget
I hope that HA community will improve this feature

1 Like

+1

I would like this feature too. multiple shared lists and an Android Widget.

3 Likes

Hi! I am also interested in this functionality, the shopping list can do a lot more! And it could be an amazing tool with just some tweaks.

+1 here - there were some Google Keep integrations out there but it seems they don’t work anymore + Google is constantly playing nasty with their APIs. So doing simple lists HA-native way would be grandiose! I don’t imagine this is a difficult thing to do since we already have the shopping list feature…

2 Likes

Just started using Home Assistant and having the ability to create multiple lists would be great. It doesn’t need a ton of features and things like Grocy are way too much for me…just a basic listing of items is probably sufficient for most people.

Also, what would be great is a service which checks if an item was already added to a list, rather than the current services which only allow/adding removing items. For example, for a shopping list this means I can avoid duplicates where one of my automations adds new printer cartridges to the shopping list.

4 Likes

Reordering list items in the current shopping list integration would be awesome!

2 Likes

I support this request.
I guess the best way to implement this will be to make multiple “shopping lists” in configuratiom.yaml
That way the same list can be used between multiple views (like today), but it will also be possible to show different shopping-lists in different views.

Other features i want:

• log of removed items
  • loging of changes in “History”
  • Added date (and removed date in log)
  • Who is adding/removing
7 Likes

Also would like this feature

1 Like

Supporting the same request, keep it simple with allowing multiple lists.
Use cases: birthday lists, wish-lists, etc.

2 Likes

I’d like this feature too :smiley:

This is would greatly increase the “Spouse Appreciation Factor” for many home automators, thus it is currently my #1 wish.

Tomorrow she is gonna do groceries while I do chores. It would be incredibly convenient should we able to create separate lists for both.

3 Likes

Agreed. My own use case thus far (extremely limited because of the limitations of the list itself):

1. Spouse suggested HA is the best place to keep our to-do lists of smart home home-improvement projects. Spouse is correct. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:
  2. I realized we couldn’t make a separate list/category/tag/branch/etc. for the HA goals.
  3. I haven’t told spouse yet :innocent:

I’d like to do this with Shopping Lists but if anyone else has a technique or tool they use, that is tied together using HA, I’d be very happy to hear it (“when all you have is a hammer,…”).

Oh yes please more lists, another +1 for this!

Would also be nice to see WHO has added an item

1 Like

Hi all, I would like to support this usefull request.