MYQ not working again

I had the same issues described over past couple of days, I just updated to the latest release and then reinstalled the integration and all working now. Also Google Assistant is able to close the garage door again now; open has worked, but not close in the past few released for me using Nabu Casa integration.

I’m sorry, no idea what’s wrong.

mine is working from UI, but error still happening in the log file.
also the state changed to unavailable from time to time like every 5 minutes.

1 Like

I have the MyQ app on my phone, the MyQ integration on HA, and I do not have a HomeKit. I added the HomeKit Controller integration and I do not see the garage door an option. What am I missing?

Same here. The logbook shows a cycle of MyQ Gateway disconnected then 1 minute later connected then 3 minutes later disconnected. It happens over and over again.

I wonder if jjross has the disconnects in his logbook.

I’m not the only that got thrown off on the version. See also 2021.1: Happy New Year!

It’s been fixed in pymyq. If you don’t mind editing your core files, you can fix it yourself:

This is the file:
/usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py

This is the commit with the fix, just make the same changes by hand and restart home assistant:

Thanks! I got mine working again!

What’s the command in HassOS through SSH to check the setting to verify that it needs to be changed? Then which command needs to be sent to change it?

For example, on a recent user agent change the command was

docker exec -it homeassistant sed -i 's/okhttp\/3.10.0/pymyq/g' /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/pymyq/api.py

that fix is already in latest docker if you are running docker.
however still throws error on the logfile

1 Like

I figured it was redundant but wanted to verify by also checking the setting. Core is a docker image in HassOS so it should be the same as running docker is the way I understand it.

I think a lot of people have MyQ excluded from recorder or they don’t look at their logbook to see the intermittent problem.

I don’t have it excluded in recorder and I have a history-graph below my garage door button in Lovelace so I see the intermittent problem. I also have Unavailable Sensor Detection and Notification which alerts me when a cover, sensor, device or entity goes unavailable.

Fixed? I’ve updated to 2021.1.1 and still see the intermittent myQ server connection errors with the garage door entities becoming temporarily unavailable.

@ehendrix - Erik, I see in your pymq 2.0.13 update that you removed the random user-header and reverted to “pymyq” as the default header string. You’ve also added a means to specify a custom header string in the api.py call.

How is this custom header configured in Home Assistant during the login?

Does a custom header really solve the problem with the myQ v5 infrastructure apparently crumbling in transition to v6?

1 Like

I’m still getting the errors on mine as well. I have a telegram bot setup that displays the status of my garage doors when they change. It’s cycling between unavaible (the 400 error) then closed about a minute later every 10-15 minutes since updating to 2021.1.1.

1 Like

Since updating to 2021.1.1, I get the following error every few minutes:

Unexpected error fetching myq devices data: Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/Accounts/<random string>/Devices: 500 - Server Error

Same as @gwaland, my status seems to cycle between the correct status and unavailable.

500 errors are generally an issue with the server, not with the client. Are we polling MyQ too often? Perhaps their infrastructure can’t take it?

Edit: seems to be a known issue with MyQ’s transition from the v5 API to the v6.

I have this in my logs:

Error requesting data from https://api.myqdevice.com/api/v5.1/

Is that what you are talking about?

If you don’t have a MyQ device that supports HomeKit then I don’t think it’ll work for you. There are some details here:

If your opener doesn’t have the feature natively you can add this:

I should add that lots of people have complaints about the HomeKit bridge and say it isn’t reliable though I’ve found it to be pretty good once I added it to Home Assistant.

PR https://github.com/home-assistant/core/pull/44972 has been opened allowing user agent to be set upon setup or afterwards as an option.

I think we should all continue to make it known that the lack of a public API is bad business and will lead to customer retention issues / customer acquisition issues for Chamberlain if they don’t adapt.

I reached out and figured I’d share their response - though I doubt it will move the needle much. The more they see this though, the more they may become open to it? Hopefully…

Yeah, sadly this breaks all this time because MyQ refuses to offer an API, so Home Assistant is using an unofficial API that emulates the MyQ app, so every time MyQ decides to make a change, it stops working, usually it gets patched pretty quickly though.

Are others still getting the constant disconnects and reconnects in the history of the myq devices or did I miss a fix to that as well?