MYQ not working again

As others reported already, MyQ Integration is not working.

Stopped working for me, too, when I updated to HA 2023.9.0. My garage door cover entity was unavailable, so I removed and reinstalled MyQ only to have it not discover any devices and continuously fail initialization when trying to start.

I’ve also just updated to HA 2023.9.1 which didn’t fix anything.

Same issue here after updating this morning, otherwise prior it was working fine.

Reason # 469,234,009 to use the HomeKit integration instead of this cloud-based nonsense.

Pls explain… Are you saying that right now your MyQ is connected to Apple Home and shows in HA with the Homekit Integration ?

MyQ blocked the library (maybe intentionally, maybe it’s not but the net result is the same). Someone will likely eventually work around that but in the mean time, here are some alternatives that don’t rely on the cloud service:

Note: I’m personally using the ratgdo boards with ESPHome so I’m not working on the MyQ integration anymore.

2 Likes

I stuck my nose in a few someone’s door opener purchase and told them the web opener sucks. I don’t feel bad bout it.

1 Like

How are you connecting that to your door opener? I have a model a couple of years old and they don’t have a single pole single throw option.

I apologize for my ignorance. I have a MyQ door opener. Does that mean that automatically I have a MyQ Bridge or is it something that I need to purchase additionally ? I don’t see MyQ in my Iphone Home App and when I add Homekit to HA I several services but not MyQ:

No, you need the separate bridge, which Chamberlain discontinued making (you might be able to find one on ebay). Honestly the RATGDO is a better option as it should work forever and doesn’t depend on Chamberlain not breaking things (as long as the hardware doesn’t fail).

If you have a 819LMB or MYQ-G0303-SP (links are dead as the product has been discoed), Home Assistant can speak HomeKit Accessory Protocol and control the device over the local network without the need to access to the cloud service. As a bonus, updates are push and near-instantaneous.

2 Likes

Unsurprisingly the boards are all on backorder now
https://paulwieland.github.io/ratgdo/03_wiring.html

1 Like

Hi Everyone, this myQ outage caused a sudden influx of orders for ratgdo which I wasn’t expecting and now I’m out of stock.

I’m replenishing as soon as I can, hopefully 2-3 week lead time. I’m also stocking more than I have in the past. Thanks for your support and patience, and big thanks to @bdraco for spreading the word!

2 Likes

Many thanks. I will look at this but my tech skills may not be sufficient.

1 Like

It’s pretty simple to install the ratgdo. The wire splicing is generally the hardest part. Maybe someone will build a push in connector wiring harness

1 Like

So I’m still on 2023.8.3 and MyQ is working fine for me. I can open and close both of my garage doors and I get status when I control them from the remotes or wall button. I just confirmed this a couple minutes ago. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This would indicate that it is a 2023.9 issue. Hopefully this can be addressed in an update.

1 Like

So I’m still on 2023.8.3 and MyQ is working fine for me. I can open and close both of my garage doors and I get status when I control them from the remotes or wall button. I just confirmed this a couple minutes ago. :man_shrugging:

Don’t restart :wink:

Its a change in the MyQ cloud service. It will break on older version as well if you restart. Luke came up with a fix: Create useragent if one does not exist by Lash-L · Pull Request #182 · arraylabs/pymyq · GitHub

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. Was going to restart to allow some HACS integrations to update, but now I won’t.

What the hell does Liftmaster hope to achieve with this other than annoying their customers? Because of corporate BS they can never hope to stay ahead of us for long.

We don’t really know what happened. It may have been an innocent API update. HA may not be on their mind as much as it is on ours :rofl: