Need testers for updated Enphase Envoy sensor

yes, used this. thanks mate

Hi averybody, please pelase help me because i m not available to connect my enphase systems to HA.

I m included in the configuation. yaml this informatio:
sensor:

• platform: enphase_envoy
    ip_address:.x.x.x.x
    monitored_conditions:
    • production
    • daily_production
    • consumption
    • daily_consumption

I can connect to enphase by web with not problem, but impossible in the HA.

Please let me know if I have any problem.

Is there a reason you are trying to include this integration via the config file instead of via the UI? Configuration via config file has been deprecated, and it should have automatically been converted to a UI configuration entry, and thus any further changes in your config file to this entry have no effect.

Please let us know if you see any error messages related to this integration in your log file.

I m Including it in the configuration.yaml because im new in HA and I didn´t know that this method has been deprecated.

No error in my log.

I introduce in the UI

My Enphase Ip
User : Envoy
And in password two methosd, one in blank and another wiht las 6 digits of me S/N Enphase

Always I have connection error.

And I can access to my enphase directly with envoy.local or ip in the navigator.

Maybe would it be necessary to connect enphase with Cable?

Thanks a lot.

Hi , Anybody has a script to start an action when the diference between consumption and production ara as an example 500 W between each other?

It would be helpful to active maybe the swimming pool, only when we are producing more than we are consumption

Are easier, is there a possibility to the exported grid in our isntallation?

Create the sensors in the first post of this thread. This will give you the import or export values that you can use as a trigger in your automations - If sensor.grid_export_power > 500 do something. It will also track export (and import) amounts

1 Like

Hi,

Yep, I have done exactly that with my pool.

You are on the right track with the ‘difference’. This is how we find out how much grid power is either being imported or exported.

Here is a very simple template sensor that will give you a positive or negative number.
If production is > than consumption, then you will have a positive number to indicate excess power being exported to grid.

- sensor:
      - name: Net Power
        state_class: measurement
        unit_of_measurement: W
        device_class: power
        icon: mdi:transmission-tower
        state: >
          {% set production = states('sensor.solar_production') | int %}
          {% set consumption = states('sensor.house_consumption') | int %}
          {{ (production - consumption) }}

And then here is my automation.

alias: Pool Pump On
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: numeric_state
    above: '1100'
    for:
      hours: 0
      minutes: 10
      seconds: 0
      milliseconds: 0
    entity_id: sensor.net_power
  condition:
  - condition: state
    entity_id: switch.sonoff
    state: 'off'
  action:
  - scene: scene.pool_pump_on
  - service: notify.notify
    data_template:
      message: Pool Pump on {{ states('sensor.net_power') }} Watts

If you want a seperate sensor for grid import and grid export, then I suggest reading the post here

1 Like

Please see

for how to setup enphase in home assistant

guauu,

Thanks a lot, that´s I was looking for.

I will check it.

Having an issue with envoy after upgrading to 2021.10.6 and on the latest version for envoy ensemble… D6.0.98.210726 is the version of the envoy… how can I get enphase envoy reporting again?

Seems there was a JWT token based security enhancement added to the latest enphase firmware that breaks the API access. Several parties are working on a fix.

1 Like

looks like it is totally broken on the latest envoy firmware SW VERSIOND7.0.66.211018 (ddd0d7) running the latest HA version… thanks!

Hi,

Maybe this is the wrong topic, but I noticed that I can;t adjust the refresh time of the integration and it’s currently set at 60 seconds. Is it possible to adjust this via the interface?

Init of Enphase Compont: core/init.py at dev · home-assistant/core (github.com)

Anyone have a method to connect to the new firmware version (7.0.66…)?

Yeah we need some updates it seems like. I have tried both the standard integration and a fork one on HACS and neither seem to allow me to login

just got enphase system installed and disappointed this is broken :frowning:

Hi there,

Anyone know how to install a second envoy and solar system? I have one solar system installed at my main home. In another country I have second system installed and wanted to add it to my home assistant set up in my main home.

Thanx for any advice.

The topic is current again!

Work is going on to update the HA Core Enphase envoy integration to support the newer token based firmware while maintaining support for the older models. For testing purposes a custom integration Envoy_2_Core_custom_test is made available that can be installed with HACS.

The code is based on @briancmpbll custom integration with required changes to pass HA Core tests. Both are compatible and switching between the 2 is possible. Of course the fine printing states it is for testing and you may find something surfacing specifically for your installation.

1 Like

Awesome, I’m going to be taking a look at this and see what I can figure out. I just got done setting up the version from @briancmpbll and it works, just need time to digest some things. I will get all my info and post up here when I am all ready to kick off testing.

@catsmanac - thank you for working on this,

One thing to be aware of that I’ve seen trip up other people trying to fix broken/old integrations — if there are too many changes, the core reviewers might reject the PR as too difficult to review and request that it it be broken up into smaller PRs.

In one case that I know of p, the “testing” custom (hacs installable) repo remains the only place to get the working code still after about 6 months. I believe there was also a little bit of a catch 22 there because modernizing the integration to use config flow was required to allow the PR to be accepted, but doing so makde the PR much more complicated to review. So the only people who find and install the custom repo get the bug fixes.

In any case, looking forward to trying your work