New zigbee coordinator, adjust configuration

I have just receive my new zigbee configurator (SLZB-06) connected over the network. Which apps do I need to make this work on my Pi using docker ?

Previously I had MQTT and Zigbee2Mqtt, are these both still needed to integrate my coordinator with Homeassistant?

Yes. Just change the Zigbee2MQTT config to use the new coordinator. There is an option in the SLZB gui that creates the config for you.

1 Like

Yes, unless you want to switch to zha

Thank you very much, I’ll give it a try!

What are the pros and cons using zha?

I am quite lost in the configuration now.

Are the containers for mosquitto and zigbee2mqtt required ?
Which config file needs to be edited, mosquitto or zigbee2mqtt?

What does it mean if I want to use zha ?

ZHA and Z2M are two different ways of running Zigbee. If you just are changing the coordinator, the easiest is to edit the configuration.yaml file under the zigbee2mqtt folder to point to the new coordinator. You dont need to change anything else.

Ok, thanks for the clarification, but I have reinstalled my pi and everything on it (went to 64-bit) .

I now have a clean deployment of a homeassistant container and I added the ZHA integration to point to the SLZB-06. It found the device successfully, but I wonder if I need anything else?

I guess I don’t need the zigbee2mqtt app (container) now ?
and do I need the mqtt (mosquitto) app/container?

No, if you are going to use ZHA you do not need Z2M or MQTT for it to work.

Thanks, that’s clear.
I am now adding some zigbee devices. so far I like Z2M. I don’t think I will miss enhanced features that mqtt and zigbee2mqtt offer.

ZHA :slight_smile: Yeah both are good options. Sometimes you will find that one offers better support than the other on certain items, but all in all you should be good with ZHA too.

Both those keep evolvning so hard to keep up, but FYI, there is some general tips and information here:

Links are from “The Home Assistant Cookbook” community guide which links to community guides: