No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'environment_canada

I’m getting the error below. Any ideas on how to fix this ?

No 'version' key in the manifest file for custom integration 'environment_canada'. As of Home Assistant 2021.6, this integration will no longer be loaded. Please report this to the maintainer of 'environment_canada'

Contact the author of the integration and inform them they need to add a version to the integration manifest.json file.

That’s a core integration: Environment Canada - Home Assistant

Does not look like there has been an issue created for it, Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub

So you should open one. It’s actively maintained so should get fixed prety quickly.

The message is only printed for integrations that are loaded from the custom_components directory

1 Like

Ah so stamandr is using a custom version of the integration. That makes sense.

Yes, this is the custom version of the integration. I’m using this version because I could never get the sensors to work with the regular integration if anything else is added to the sensors.yaml.

The custom version works perfectly with many other additional entries in the sensors.yaml

So in the custom components folder for the integration you will have a file called manifest.json

You can add a version key to it yourself. e.g. here’s one of mine:

{
  "domain": "bwalarm",
  "name": "BWAlarm (ak74 edition)",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm",
  "dependencies": [],
  "after_dependencies": ["mqtt"],
  "codeowners": ["@akasma74"],
  "requirements": ["ruamel.yaml==0.15.100"]
}

And with the version key added:

{
  "domain": "bwalarm",
  "name": "BWAlarm (ak74 edition)",
  "documentation": "https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm",
  "dependencies": [],
  "after_dependencies": ["mqtt"],
  "codeowners": ["@akasma74"],
  "requirements": ["ruamel.yaml==0.15.100"],
  "version": "1.2.3"
}

You can set the version to anything. just follow the format and take particular note that all lines except the last one must have a comma at the end.

After restarting the error should be gone. Then as finity said above contact the maintainer of the custom integration and get them to update the file. In fact have you checked if they have done this already?

There may be a new version to download.

1 Like

Works perfect… Thanks

Good version number. :+1:

1 Like