📢 Notifications & Announcements

Hi @Blacky added points 2a and 2b to the wishlist. :slight_smile:

@Jokerigno

2a you can use the time.

The rest I have been busy.

Blacky :smiley:

Sure I just thought to add to the hypothetical roadmap but absolutely I don’t want to rush

Great work. Can you suggest if I can send Critical Notification to Mobile ?

@lmanchanda75

Thanks for your suggestion I will add this on the list to do.

1 Like

FAQ - A Guide to Notification Options on iOS and Android Devices

:apple: iOS ONLY OPTIONS

What are Notification Interruption Levels on iOS?

On devices running iOS 15 and later, you can configure the interruption level for your notifications to ensure they are delivered according to your preferences. This feature allows you to choose how notifications are presented and how they interrupt your activities.

Interruption level Breaks through Focus Overrides Ring/Silent switch on iPhone and iPad
Default No No
Critical Notification Yes Yes
Time Sensitive Notification Yes - Must be enabled in focus No
Quiet notifications without waking screen No No

:robot: ANDROID ONLY OPTIONS

What are High Priority Notifications?

Notifications will appear immediately in most cases. However, in some cases (such as when the phone is stationary or when the screen has been turned off for a prolonged period of time), default notifications will not ring the phone until the screen is turned on. High priority notifications are designed to alert you to important events or updates that require your immediate attention, ensuring they are received promptly even in these situations.

What are Sticky Notifications?

Sticky notifications are a type of notification that remain on your device’s notification shade until they are manually dismissed by the user. Unlike regular notifications, which can disappear when they are tapped, sticky notifications ensure that important messages are persistently visible until you actively clear or swipe them away, ensuring that critical information stays visible until addressed.

Notification Channels

What are Notification Channels?

Notification channels are a feature for Android devices only. They allow you to categorize notifications, making it easier to manage and prioritize them. Each channel can have its own settings, such as notification style, sound, vibration, blink light, app icon badges, locked screen, and do not disturb, ensuring that you receive notifications in the manner most appropriate for each type of notification you receive.

How Do I Create a Notification Channel?

Before creating channels, it is best to consider what channels you would like to have for your notifications. This will help you structure it correctly, as once you create a channel, it can be removed but will never be deleted unless you reset your app. Taking the time to consider how you would like it structured will help you in the long run.

Some ideas for a channel structure are as follows:

You could just set the notification type. Emergency, General Notification, Dinner Ready, Time for Bed, Appliance Finished, etc.

Or maybe something like this.

1. Critical
  • Sound and pop-up.
  • Vibrate.
  • Blink light.
  • Locked screen.
  • Ignore Do Not Disturb.
  • Description : Notifications for emergency situations (e.g., fire alarm, flood alert, smoke detector, carbon monoxide detector, security breaches).
  1. High
  • Sound and pop-up.
  • Vibrate.
  • Locked screen.
  • Ignore Do Not Disturb.
  • Description : Notifications for reminders (e.g., upcoming appointment, power outage, rubbish reminder).
  1. General (Default)
  • Sound.
  • Vibrate.
  • Description : Notifications for general updates (e.g., appliance finished, battery low).
  1. Low
  • Silent.
  • Vibrate.
  • Description : Notifications for less critical updates (e.g., appliance started, unavailable sensor, battery low).
  1. Minimal
  • Silent and minimized.
  • Description : Notifications for non-urgent updates (e.g., reminder, Home Assistant update avalible).

To create a new channel, simply enter a name in the input. When your automation sends the first notification, it will create the channel on your device. After the channel is created, you can customize its notification settings to your preference directly on your device.

How Do I Edit a Notification Channel?

There are a few ways to do this:

1. On your device, go into Settings > Notifications > Home Assistant and you will see categories. These are your channels. Select the one you would like to customize and make your adjustments.
  2. When a notification is received, slowly slide it to the left and you will see a settings icon. Click on it, and it will take you to categories. These are your channels. Select the one you would like to customize and make your adjustments.

How Do I Delete a Notification Channel?

I have a blueprint that will help you remove a notification channel. See link below.

:robot: Android Notification Channel Manager

Hope this helps to explain some of the settings :face_with_monocle:

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

Initial release 1.1

:new: New Feature

• Collapsible Sections - Added collapsible sections to the blueprint. This enhancement improves the blueprint user interface by making it cleaner and more organized, allowing sections to be collapsed.

:warning: This feature was introduced in Home Assistant 2024.6, so you must have this version or later for the blueprint to work.

:apple: New Feature For iOS

• Interruption Level - On devices running iOS 15 and later, you can now configure the interruption level for your notifications to ensure they are delivered according to your preferences. Choose the desired interruption level from the dropdown list. Critical and time-sensitive notifications must be turned ON within the Home Assistant App, and time-sensitive notifications must be allowed in your Focus settings.

:robot: New Feature For Android

• High Priority notifications ensure that you receive important alerts immediately. These notifications bypass normal delivery delays and are delivered instantly to your device.

• Sticky Notification ensure that important alerts are not dismissed when selected. They remain on your notification screen until you actively clear or swipe them away, ensuring that critical information stays visible until addressed.

• Notification Channel allow you to easily organize different notification settings, including notification sounds, vibrations, and other device-specific features. Before crating a channel make sure you understand them and how they work. I have a FAQ that has information on channels, click here.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

Hi Blacky,
first, thanks for the nice work.
Can you please add the option repeat until so we can get reminders until the state is back to normal?

:smirk:

This is great. One quick suggestion…provide the option for Time Delay to be in seconds vs minutes only. Example: I have water leak sensors throughout my house and I would want to make sure moisture is detected for 3 seconds before sending me a critical notification. Right now, it’s immediate (could be false signal) or the min delay is 1 minute (which is a long time) for a scenario like this.

@PaulBartelings

Thanks for your suggestion, I will add it to the list.

@j6s33m

Makes sense, I look to update it.

1 Like

I just found this blueprint, this will be great and can’t wait to try it.

Question/Suggestion: I know someone requested to have TTS activated on presence (if I am home) but any possibility to add also if someone is NOT home. Use case: I like to get audio notification but my wife totally hates it. So I would like to make sure that audio notification is only triggered if I am home but my wife is not home. This would only be for TTS notifications only and would let mobile notifications go through.

@berniebl

There are so many options and I can’t cater for everyone… so I have included Global Conditions were you can set it up to your liking.

Example for you;

In global conditions Add condition, select Device (phone tracking you and your wife). Add your phone and select is home. Then add a building block and select the AND option, within the building block select Add condition select Device then select your wife’s phone and select is not home.

Your done you have it all there right now :wink:

Thanks so much. Really love your blueprints.

@Blacky
Sure, completely understand and makes sense. Thanks

1 Like

It’s me again with dumb questions probably.:wink:

I’ve loaded the blueprint to speak out if this sensor or motion sensor etc. is activated. On.

When i select which media player there is only one. It’s my fire tablet running fully kiosk. It works and speaks as it should.

Companion app is on my s23 Ultra phone.
I’m using Home Assistant Cloud as the TTS. That and Google translate are also the only two options in that selection.

I also want it to speak on my Samsung S23 Ultra. It is not a media player option. There is none other than the fire tablet.

Any suggestions appreciated. Thanks in advance. I read the home assistant documents on TTS at least 6 times. :pensive:

@G2740

This will have to come form someone else as I am a full local man to the core and is why I use HA. It’s probably why I develop all my own blueprints… full local control :metal:

The only thing I would consider is HA cloud.

1 Like

Ok, guess i gotta add some things to my green and see if i can get it working local.

Hello
I want to use text to speech with Alexa player but service provider list is empty. There is an issu ?

@Sebibou91

You just need a TTS engine. If you have HA cloud it will be there but if you don’t use that you can use Piper as it is an official add on.

Go to Settings > Add-ons > click on Add-on Store > search for Piper and install it. Then once installed you can adjust your settings in the configuration tab in the Piper add-on. Once your happy then select it in the BP.

Enjoy