I have three devices with HA Companion app installed and setup:
- iPhone #1
- iPhone #2
- Android #1
While the notifications are working without any issues on iPhone #1, devices iPhone #2 and Android #1 are not.
I have no idea what´s the difference. I read a lot of topics related to this, most interesting found are
Unfortunately, nothing worked for me and even disabling Pi-Hole did not make any difference. BUT very interesting:
When I send a notification, the local notification rate view in the HA companion app setting view is updated for both affected devices:
I guess this counter just counts the amount of messages for the individual device. In fact the push notification seems to not been sent because when having a look at the “notification history” right above that notification rate limit section it says “No notifications. You did not receive any notifications yet.” (translated, probably not original wording).
- What else can I try, investigate, check or do?
- Where in Home Assistant should I find the “Push ID” shown in the (iOS) app setting (notification section)?
What I did so far:
- I disabled Pi-Hole for the whole time installing HA companion app and integrating the device in HA
- I made sure Firebase Cloud Messaging is enabled.
- I tested with different HA user accounts logging in on the affected devices.
- I read all forums topics related to this issue.
And I have absolutely no idea why it is working on iPhone #1. I´m totally lost.