Panasonic Aquarea Heat Pump integration

Thank you very much for the integration! Consumption sensors would be awesome.

1 Like

The temperature is an attribute of the water_heater entity so you could create a template sensor from it. That said, I can expose a sensor entity (initially disabled) that you can enable and use in your HA :slight_smile:

Energy Consumption would be a key feature to implement if I can place a vote!

2 Likes

Unfortunately it seems that the Panasonic API is very basic and provides only a few parameters for the HeatPumps

In the web app ā€œAquarea smart cloudā€, one can have access to consumption data and the javascript file a2w-energy-consumption.min.js uses the API. So there should be a way to get access to these data. Iā€™m not expert and I canā€™t understand straightforwardly how it works.

What request did you type to get the json you showed?

I got this info from a friend that understands coding and has integrated his Mitsubishi HP. He said this is what the API has, the Panasonic service cloud offers full info but as far as I understand there is no api. For reference this is what the Mitsubishi offers :joy:

Getting the consumption data is not the big deal to say something. Thereā€™s an endpoint that gives us the data aggregated (based on a parameter).

For example we can ask for the consumption for today. Weā€™ll get a list of the consumption per hour. Good news is that I already implemented that in the python client that connects to the aquarea API when I was working on this during the summer.

Whatā€™s the challenge that made me pause the work as I needed to dig further on it and to make some decisions and unfortunately didnā€™t have the time?

Youā€™ll only get the consumption for letā€™s say, 21:00 to 22:00, maybe at 22:05 if youā€™re lucky but it can take more time to appear. So what does that mean? I need to choose the right class for the entity and configure it properly to ensure that statistics are generated properly. Here you have the docs in case youā€™re curious to learn more: Sensor Entity | Home Assistant Developer Docs)

I need to also ensure that I update the entity properly when weā€™re jumping between days (23:00 to 00:00 / 00:00 to 1:00 consumption).

Iā€™m not saying is a super complex task, just needs a bit of design and to ensure weā€™re covering all edge cases :slight_smile:

Iā€™m back working on this and Iā€™ll release a preview version so we can test it as soon as I have something testeable :partying_face:

3 Likes

Great! I am happy that there is a light in the tunnel!

Thanks!

Thank you very much. Thatā€™s great news!

I think the problem with delayed data is general in power consumption (see this topic for example) and there should be a workaroundā€¦ that Iā€™d like to know for another problem.

If you update your integrate and maybe want feedback, I will test it ; )

If you are looking for a solution to use Panasonic cloud and local MQTT server for Aquarea heat pumps at the same time, try HeishaMonBoth.

This interface has the same functionality as HeishaMon , but gives the ability to work simultaneously in the cloud and with the local MQTT server.
The Home Assistant integration provided by Kamaradclimber for HeishaMon also works with HeishaMonBoth.

obraz

1 Like

Thank you for this information. This seems to be much more complete but required some supplementary hardware knowledge.

Thanks, that would be nice! Additional question, from the Panasonic UI I can choose a few quick calls, for example , Force DHW or Request Sterilization. Is that something that can be enabled as well?

Apologies, I am rather new into HA and struggling sometimes. How can I set the Zone1 (target) temperature within HA automation, based on the current Zone Temperature + 2? I am able to retrieve the attributes:

Entity:
climate.wp_otw_aqu_zone1

Attr:
hvac_modes:

• heat
  • ā€˜offā€™
    min_temp: 51
    max_temp: 51
    target_temp_step: 1
    current_temperature: 51
    temperature: 24
    hvac_action: idle
    attribution: Data provided by Aquarea Smart Cloud
    icon: mdi:hvac-off
    friendly_name: HP_floor_heating
    supported_features: 1

What hardware do you need for heishamonboth? The same as for heishamon or do you need a supplementary PCB?

Hi,

Can i get details about the automation you have created?

Thats exactly what i am looking for. If i try to create automation, keeps giving me some weird errors.

It turned out this needs a service call (water heater service) from within the Automation action tag:

service: water heater set temperature

for your specific tank / Heatpump entity id

putting this on top of mind - would be great to have this available.

Hi Cjaliaga ( Carlos),

This integration works perfectly fine for me. Have a 5 KW setup with a 120L water tank and 50L buffer tank.

Does the job as expected.

Just wondering if we can have these details available?

1. OFF-ON Counter
  2. Total ON time on the compressor.

Also, as mentioned by multiple folks in the past - consumption would be the best thing to have. That ways we do not have to keep swapping between HA and the subpar Panasonic cloud app.

Hey @vaibhavratnaparkhi , We donā€™t have these values from the Aquarea Smart Cloud API. Itā€™s available in the Service one, where login-in as we do in the smart one is not that easy (Iā€™m not sure how we would do it and if we even can) and then the responses from their API are not that understandable haha. I like some reverse engineering, but this is not something I can take on right one.

One example:

{
    "connectionStatus": 0,
    "cnCntErrorStatus": 0,
    "errorCode": 0,
    "statusDataInfo": {
        "function-status-text-005": {
            "textValue": "2006-0310",
            "type": "basic-text"
        },
        "function-status-text-027": {
            "type": "simple-value",
            "value": "42"
        },
        "function-status-text-049": {
            "value": ""
        },
        "function-status-text-025": {
            "value": "41"
        },
        "function-status-text-047": {
        },
        "function-status-text-068": {
            "value": "0"
        },
        "function-status-text-009": {
            "value": "32"
        },
        "function-status-text-007": {
            "textValue": "2006-0339",
        },
        "function-status-text-029": {
        },
        "function-status-text-041": {
            "textValue": "2006-0960",
        },

If Panasonic exposes these in their Smart one, happy to add these. Thatā€™s our hope, more data and functions into the Smart Cloud App so we can bring them into the integration.

1 Like

A sneak peek of what Iā€™m working on. I think a couple of you asked for it :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Iā€™ll need some help testing a couple of scenario. Iā€™ll add the details in the GH Issue as soon as I can. Due to the way the API exposes the data (and when) I needed to make a couple of design choices. Iā€™ll explain everything here: Implement statistics sensors Ā· Issue #1 Ā· cjaliaga/home-assistant-aquarea Ā· GitHub

4 Likes