💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

@Blacky Thanks for this automation. I made a almost similar functionality in node-red. I currently thinking about switching to this automation but to do so i mis one thing.

In my node-red flow i also dynamically influence the color temperature. It would be nice to be able to configure a entity where the color temperature is read from instead of a static value.

@Blacky thanks for this blueprint, love the level of customisation provided here.

I have a use case where lights are turned on manually but I want to turn them off automatically when the occupancy binary sensor turns to off. So I tried to:

1. Create a virtual switch that turns on/off as the occupancy sensor goes on/off
  2. Use the above switch for the “Enable the By-pass - Turn lights OFF”

However this will turn the lights off if they are already on and a person enters the room. The ideal behaviour should be the lights stay on. How should I go about fixing this?

Hello, first off all, thank you for this bluebrint.
i have this automation in my bath, someone goes in the light turn on for 5 minutes.
but when i take a shower the light turn off, and i cant it turn on agian.
so i want to keep the light on, if the huninity comes over 60% the light will be longer on for 10 Minutes. How can i make this. Thank you

@RemCom

No problem :wink:

What happens to the colour temperature…?

Blacky :smiley:

@b3nn

Thanks for your kind words.

One way would be to have an binary sensor switch that is a toggle. Then enter that switch into a group with your motion sensor. When you toggle the switch the automation is triggered and the time delay starts. If motion is detected in that time the automation runs as per normal. If not the light will turn OFF.

I think the is what you are asking.

@lucascoco

Looks like you need my :shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan blueprint. It will also control the fan and keep the light on. It also has a automation link so you can use this blueprint and the other one.

The other way is to use a template sensor (REF - TS-3 in the link below for template sensors) so when your bathroom is above 60% it turns the bypass on. Probably use option 3 in the by-pass and maybe an auto off.

A better way that I would recommend is to get a door contact sensor and use :honeybee: Bee In The Hive Sensor :honeybee: template sensor. You will love it. The how to and all my examples of template sensors Click Here.

1 Like

Hey,

I would like to turn on a scene after the dime delay has passed is this possible?

the use case is:
I have my lights in front of the house turned on with scene after susnet, now when my doorbel detects motion I want to increase the brigthness of the ligths and after the delay turn the scene back on…

Thanks!

Yep just put it in the scenes to turn OFF input.

I do the following. and some parts of this is some personal preference. In the morning its just cool white to give a little more energie to the morgings. From midday and the rest i use the solar altitudePercent that i have from a node-red module and i remap the -80 to 60 altitudePercent to the kelvin values 2000 to 5500. doing this the light slowly progressen to a warmer light the further the evening progresses.

I really love this behaviour.

1 Like

hehe thanks, I have seen it and very sceptical:P But I can give it a try. How about if the door stays open? Will the light be on forever?

Example:

1. Step in the room and lights on.
  2. leaving the room and left the door open
  3. leaving the house(Turn off all lights)
  4. coming home and going to the room again(with door still open)

And how is it if the room has any type of input like humidity or TV on, that deactived the automation?

Let’s say I use the nightlights option to have soft lights at night (e.g. next to the house door). However, if I come in at night or want to leave the house I need the full brightnesss. Is there some kind of “bypass nightlight” option so that it uses the day light brightness on requests? (e.g. by pushing a switch/button)

@RemCom

Thanks for the information. I will put it on the list.

@steinis

You have to set it up correctly, but no :honeybee: Bee In The Hive Sensor :honeybee: works when the door is closed an motion is detected. If the door is open the just you motion sensor is in use. But make sure you group them together.

Not sure what you are tying to say.

Blacky :grinning:

@ZzetT

The best way would be to use the state option in night lights. Then create a toggle helper. The toggle helper must be ON at all time except when you would like to change the lights to 100%. Then you must also use another night light condition.

Then select “If lights are ON, adjust the lights when crossing over”

If you would like the toggle helper to automaticity come back ON when you turn it OFF, use this blueprint :hourglass_flowing_sand: Entity - Run ON Timer if you are unsure how to do this. You can have it OFF for X amount of time for when you leave or enter to then return to night light mode if all night light conditions are met. In the “Entity - Run ON Timer” Select OFF state option for the trigger and enter the time you would like.

Now when you turn the toggle helper OFF it will go to normal lights. If you used “Entity - Run ON Timer” blueprint the toggle helper will be turn back ON in X amount of time and resume night lights mode. When your other night lights condition is false then normal mode will be activated.

Hope this helps, and let us know how you go.

1 Like

Yes, I had something like that in mind. However it would be implemented.
It’s strange that no one has thought of such a feature to record the current lighting settings, because I think it could be very useful for this particular type of occupancy-based lighting control.

@omicronCZ

This is all possible and you will see this type of feature in my :infinity: Sensor Light Add On . It is called “Snapshot”.

Like @spartan suggested, what you can do is create a small automation that will create a snapshot of your light settings. What I would do is every time your motion sensor goes OFF and your light are ON you create a snapshot. This is a nice trigger to use just before your lights turn OFF. This snapshot will create a scene and once created update the scene as per your instructions. Then use that scene in this automation and you will achieve what you are trying to do.

I not sure why you would like to do this but hay it is HA and you can do anything you like.

If you are not sure how to do this then maybe create a post (separate topic) and ask;

Q: How do I create an automation that will create a snapshot scene of my selected lights when my motion sensor goes OFF and only when the lights are ON?

There are heaps of community members that will help you do this.

Hope this helps you.

I try first the bypass option, I have a helper for the huminity.
And have the option enable the bypass turn lights on and auto off with delay off 15 minutes.
The bypass will only start when when the lights are on trigger by the moving sensor ?

Thx

Really love the auomation, amazing work, the amount of options is crazy! I was super happy I found this.

I was wondering if you could add script support (for turning lights on, maybe even off). I am currently trying to hack it in, but would love for it to be supported officially ^^

I have a script to turn on my lights.

And if somebody wants to know why a script and not a scene:

• I have scenes for different rooms and daytimes/occasions <area>_<daytime>.
  • I have one input_select per room, which lets me set the scene I want (day, evening, night, party, etc.).
  • My script reads the current input_select value and chooses the appropriate scene to activate

Oooh! I like the sound of that!!
It sounds very much like what I want to achieve and have been discussing with Blacky.
Can you share more details?

I can do better than details

I think I just managed to get it going

I basically just made 3 changes:

1. Allowed scripts to be listed
  2. Extracted the script_entities from the list
  3. run script.turn_on with the script_entities

See the changes HERE

One would have to update the descriptions to add “scripts” to them, as well as do the same for the OFF action