💡 Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time - Light Control - Device Tracker - Night Lights

Hello @Blacky!

Was wondering if it could be possible to add humidity sensor to your blueprint?

What I am trying to archive is the following:

When the lights turn on in the restroom using a motion sensor, to avoid turning off due to lack of motion by using the humidity sensor. When people take showers the humidity rises almost 100% and that’s a sign of people taking showers thus keeping the light on.

I know I could just add time but that defects the purpose of turning off and conserving electricity (I pay crazy rates)

Thoughts?

Blacky has a separate blueprint called “Bathroom humidity exhaust fan” which does what you want.

1 Like

Ohhhh didn’t know. OK I’ll check it out.

Thanks!

I just went through that blue print, and does not do what I want. Is very limited to what it does with lights.

I think is still a good idea for humidity to be an option on the light blueprint.

Ideas are also welcome?

You can create a template sensor that returns true when humidity is high, then use that as a ON bypass or Do nothing bypass.

1 Like

@parallelsys

It will do what you are asking. You have to use this “sensor light blueprint” and the “Bathroom humidity exhaust fan” with the automation Link.

First you have to set up the “Bathroom humidity exhaust fan” blueprint. This will control your fan when you have a shower. You have to set up a “Derivative Sensor Helper” first (it is easy) and there is a guide on how to get this working correctly Click Here.

Once you have set up the “Derivative Sensor Helper” all the settings are explained Here.

You then keep your “sensor light blueprint” to control your lights but you use the automation link in the “Bathroom humidity exhaust fan” blueprint to keep the lights ON when having a shower. This is all explained in my full set up Here. We use it 5 time a day and it work every time.

Setting it all up can take some time to get your head around it (maybe make yourself a coffee), but I think it is worth the effort.

If you dont have any fan control in HA yet then you can plug your fan into a smart plug, it is that easy.

Blacky :smiley:

2 Likes

When the wife is screaming because lights went off during a shower… Trust me everything is worth it!

HAHAHAHA

At any rate, I don’t have automated fans, maybe this would be the time to look in to it!

Thanks again for your detailed response and for all those who posted ideas and or recommendations.

For those with experience doing this, could I use a smart switch to control the fan? IE: turn on and off?

just wanted to report: I now use 7 Aqara Presence Sensor FP2 in the entire basement and am 99.8% satisfied after the updates. Even in the shower with steamed-up window panes, it recognises movement and the light stays on.

I put them all in one corner, so there’s no blind spot as they cover 120 degrees. I have printed the bracket.

Absolutely - this is the way to do it.

2 Likes

I am so confused by the By-pass functions. The nomenclature is killing me and I cannot for the life of me figure it out. My scenario is the following:

1. I have two lamps (Nanoleaf bulbs) both plugged in to constant power.
  2. I have an Aqara FP2 presence sensor.
  3. the lights turn on when someone is in the room and off after 8 minutes and adjust according to the light sensor in the FP2. So far so good!
  4. I just got a Tapo matter light switch and installed it. It is not connected in any way to the lamps or their circuit and isn’t actually connected to any load at all.
  5. ???

Do I have to have the switch control the lights outside of the automation? Can someone explain what will happen with each of the bypass options? And how do they work together? Can you enable all of them with the same entity (I.e. my switch)? How would that function?

I think the way I want it to work is that if the lights are on because they were triggered by motion, then the switch would turn them off. If the lights are off for whatever reason, then the switch would turn them on. After some amount of time, e.g. 30 minutes, the lights would begin responding to motion again.

@parallelsys Yes you can as long a s HA can turn it ON and OFF. Also when doing this consider being able to have a independent switch to turn the fan ON and OFF. Example rather than use a Shelly 1PM use a Shelly 2PM. Then use the 2nd contact for manual control.

I personally use a Shelly 3PM as I have 3 exhaust fans. 2 bathrooms and 1 toilet. I then use a esp32 to do the rest.

So the ESP32 will do

• Humidity sensor.
  • LUX sensor.
  • Motion Sensor.
  • Manual Fan Switch.
  • And it can do a door contact sensor for the room with a bath and then use my “Bee In The Hive” sensor.

It is all explained in my set up on how I did it with all the code for the ESP32.

Hope this helps you.

1 Like

@Seger85

Nice one… thanks for the update and letting us know :+1:

@kman42

Hi Kurt

It can be confusing but I will try and explain.

Steps 1, 2, 3 & 4 you all good :+1:

First you cant enable them all with the same entity. I will try and explain.

We have 3 by-pass options. Each option will preform a function (action).

Option “1 - Enable the By-pass - Turn lights ON” = when you turn the by-pass on it will turn the lights ON if lights are OFF.

Option “2 - Enable the By-pass - Turn lights OFF” when you turn the by-pass ON it will turn the lights OFF if lights are ON.

Option “3 - Enable the By-pass - Keep the lights current state” when you turn the by-pass ON whatever state the lights are in being ON or OFF it will keep this state, like a pause button.

When any by-pass is turned ON the automation is disabled and you have full control to turn your light ON and OFF as you see fit.

When you turn the by-pass OFF it will evaluate the site conditions and try and preform the correct action. Example if you turn the by-pass OFF and your lights are OFF but your motion sensor is ON it will turn the lights ON and run the automation.

So you can see if you use the same entity when your turn it ON what is it going to do option 1, 2 or 3. Cant work that way.

Then you have a by-pass time delay that works when you turn a by-pass OFF. It helps when evaluating the site conditions before turning your lights OFF if they are ON then leaving you in the dark.

Then you have the auto OFF. Each one related to and option you use, option 1, 2 or 3. If you are using option 1 and you would like the by-pass to turn OFF after X amount of time then enabling “Enable the auto OFF for the by-pass switch - Turn lights ON” will turn the by-pass OFF automaticity. It can serve as a timer or you can force your lights ON for X amount of time and when it turns OFF it will evaluate the site conditions. The other auto off selections are for option 2 & 3.

This could be because you have more than one trigger and you will need to group them or because you have all the by-pass set up incorrectly could be the problem.

Hope this helps and I haven’t confused you even more.

1 Like

Thanks for this info! Helped alot. Looking to ordering some soon.
Another question, I am using the Lux controlled brightness option along with the ambient light sensor option.I have a sensor that gets affected by the light lux (I have this set to YES), as it turn on the lux increases to over 290 causing a back and forward between dim and not dimmed.

Seems like a rave in my restroom LOL.

How can I remediate this?
The current lux is around 50 when on is about 290…

@parallelsys

In the "Ambient Light Sensor - Site Conditions" select the “Yes” option.

I did, and still does it. :frowning:

@parallelsys

Could you please provide us your YAML of the automation? This YAML code are the settings you have selected in the automation so I can help. To do this go into your automation, top right 3 dots, Edit in YAML, copy all the code, come back to the forum and in your reply at the top tool bar click on “</>” and paste code in there.

1 Like

Ignore the names in the sensor as I move them and cant rename them because smartthings won’t change them in the integration.

alias: Sensor Light Master Bedroom Restroom
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/sensor-light.yaml
  input:
    motion_trigger:
      - binary_sensor.master_restroom_sensor_motion
      - binary_sensor.office_motion_sensor_motion
    light_switch:
      entity_id:
        - light.master_bedroom_sink
        - light.master_bedroom_main_lights
    time_delay: 10
    include_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    light_brightness: 100
    light_transition_on: 0.5
    light_transition_off: 10
    after_time: "18:00:00"
    include_time: time_disabled
    before_time: "08:00:00"
    include_night_lights: night_lights_enabled
    night_lights:
      entity_id: light.master_bedroom_main_lights
    night_time_delay: 10
    include_night_light_control:
      - use_brightness
      - use_transition
    night_light_transition_on: 0.5
    night_light_colour_temperature: 5000
    night_light_transition_off: 10
    night_lights_after_time: "00:00:00"
    night_lights_before_time: "06:30:00"
    ambient_light_sensor: sensor.master_restroom_sensor_illuminance
    include_ambient: ambient_enabled
    night_lights_conditions:
      - time_enabled
    night_light_brightness: 20
    dynamic_lighting_lux_sensor: sensor.master_restroom_sensor_illuminance
    ambient_light_options: ambient_light_option_enabled
    dynamic_lighting_min_brightness: 0
    include_dynamic_lighting: enable_lux_controled_brightness
    dynamic_lighting_max_lux: 400
    dynamic_lighting_heartbeat: 1

@parallelsys

Can you please group your motion sensors and test it. How to set up group sensors please Click Here.