SmartIR - Control your Climate, TV and Fan devices via IR/RF controllers

Sorry,
just to understand clearly what you did:
1- you created a script for every channel you frequently use
2- you exposed the scripts to google assistant (it should see them as scenes)
3- you configured a routine in the google home app with matching key words to activate the specific scene

Did I got it right?

I try a fresh install 0.92.1 today but still can not get my broadlink recognized by hassio, please help. @brent0np @aidbish

can you see the broadlink.send service under developer console.

1 Like

I have provided my config here as an example.

You should also be able to find broadlink.send in your services section in the developer tools on the bottom left of the home assistant menu.

I would also suggest checking for updates using the service: smartir.check_updates

Hi guys, I think the problem is my broadlink, i went to store and exchange for another broadlink and it works fine now. I’m able to see the broadlink.send and successfull using smartir to control my tv. But now how can i lear command? I used call service “broadlink.learn” with data:
{
“host”: “192.168.1.28”
}
and get this error:
ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.broadlink] Failed to connect to device

am i doing wrong?
@aidbish @brent0np

Try the Broadlink Manager, it works fine, and it’s so simple.

• open BM
  • scan for device
  • switch to learning mode
  • scan
  • save the data and copy & paste the Base64 code to HA.

Another question: How can I send “custom learned” commands via SmartIR? For example the up/down/left/right arrows…

This only support windows platform. I’m using mac OS

I have problems using alexa to turn on my AC using Alexa as well. The climate.living_room entity is exposed to emulated hue. I can see the entity in the Alexa devices list. But cannot get Alexa to turn it on, off or to change the temperature. I cannot find any error in the homeassistant.log as well.

This was working a couple of versions back but not in 1.39 and 1.41.

Does this work with the Global Cache iTach series of IR transmitters?

@echopage can you help us sharing your scripts?

I don’t get it… I see

smartHomeHub/SmartIR

Home Assistant component to control Climate, TV and Fan devices via Broadlink, Xiaomi and MQTT IR/RF controllers - smartHomeHub/SmartIR

There’s Xiaomi mentioned but I don’t see any docs about Xiaomi IR >Blster. Could someone slight me here plese as I would love using this smartIR for my Xiaomi IR Blaster :confused:

canale_5_cucina:
  alias: Canale 5 Cucina
  sequence:
  - data:
      entity_id: media_player.tv_cucina
      source: "Canale 5"
    service: media_player.select_source
1 Like

Is there anyone with a DIY ESP8266 IR blaster?

I think you’ll need this component set:

And then utilize the service provided by the Xiaomi IR component in the controller data field:
REMOTE.SEND_COMMAND

hey would love to know how you got it working with mqtt?

I am mid-way through setting my DIY ESP8266 mqtt IR remote.

Also, I have an IR receiver on it, are you able to change state in Home assistant via mqtt state topic or something?

Thanks

Would be nice having an example for this maybe the dev could point me to the right direction?

https://github.com/smartHomeHub/SmartIR/blob/master/smartir/controller.py#L34

Not supported yet But unfortunately no info when or if it will be supported or not :confused:

Hi,
I don’t have Windows, so could someone convert my Climate condes from INI to json
mitsubishi_heavi_srk35zs_s.ini

Please see the comment in your link

1 Like