Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

max 5-10 min

I had pointed the url for the file to the github repository and it will take days to complete.
Now I have made it local and it took that 5 minutes.
Thanks for your interest.

1 Like

i tested it again - 10 min for the new tft

Yes. When I made the URL local, it took 10 min. I must have a problem with my internet connection.

I tried with the US version.
Just delete the line “lcd_dev ffbb 0002 0000 0020t” from Progam.s in the Nextion Editor.

More modifications are definitely needed to be perfect.
The pages aren’t perfectly centered and the blue bars don’t correspond to the buttons.

But it is usable.

Found information here:
https://github.com/joBr99/nspanel-lovelace-ui/issues/60#issuecomment-1077791003

1 Like

yes am looking for a person to do this for US version or it will take me a while to get to it.

but there are already 2 people who deal with it

if you have time you could support it or send me your version :wink:

@Blackymas what the best way to help adding device?
Deutsch is absolutely unreadable or understandable for me.

I’d like to start working on the fan class as asked by someone in GitHub. But it need hmi and blueprint update.
For blueprint/esphome code no problems git is made for this but how to work on hmi with multi person?

Also I read on some issue that nspanel esphome could have some sort of limit? Did you encounter such adding more device type in it?
Personnaly I need fan and climate (as multiple climate) but I understand it is really hard.

1 Like

yes the project I had written for me therefore some in German.

Anyone can participate and I think it’s great.

I will upload the days a new HMI and TFT.

Once I have done that I’ll let you know. After that you can take the HMI from the DEV and change it.

When you are done send me the HMI and I will check it.

HMI is really hard with more people we can only do it this way.

The limitation is not esphome but the NSPanel memory and we are very close to the limit.

So we outsource as much as possible is blueprint and you should do that too.

ESPhome we use only for important things or services we can use in HA.

So you should follow the programming in HMI.

1 Like

Ok thank’s, i’ll find time to start and tell you when i think i have a fansettings page and yaml part OK :slight_smile:

As i understand to limit esphome (and memory of nspanel) the only thing i add in esphomme parts will be a new:

name: ${device_name} last click fansettings (and esphome things of this around)

and all other part in the blueprint (and an HMI part of course)

1 Like

please use service last click. Have a quick look at button page than you can see what we have done

@Blackymas i’ll look at it in few hours using dev branch. As said on GitHub I’m going to start easy with just toggle part of fan.

1 Like

I’m trying to hide an entity using a state template and have made sure the output is either True or False but this still doesn’t seem to hide the entity regardless to what state the input boolean is:

- entity: "input_button.test_counter_button"
            state_template: "{{ is_state('input_boolean.guest_mode','on') }}"
            name: "Reset"

I copied the example here and it still didnt work:
https://docs.nspanel.pky.eu/entities/#override-icons-or-names

- entity: binary_sensor.sensor_kueche_contact
  state_template: '{{ state_attr("sun.sun","azimuth") < 200 }}'

-SNIP-

Looks like a fantastic effort, my previous attempt at the Nextion editor doesn’t look nearly as good as this, it’s awesome how much customisation has been managed without any need to program.
Great for those like me who barely dabble with the coding side of things.

Took me a few attempts but got it working fine in the end!
Working very well once I figured everything out.

Issue 1:
I originally couldn’t compile due to some manifest.json error.
I already had my panel flashed with a previous tutorial many months ago but my nspanel was still connecting to HA .

Fix 1: Reinstalled esphome and I could now start compiling.

Issue 2: Compiler failed after almost 10 minutes due to some C++ error (or something?)

Fix 2: Disabled all other Addons and then used the “Update ALL” button on esphome, Successful flashing

1 Like

this is also not for my version - you use the documentationfor Lovelace ui :wink:

Nice that you have shared your solution here -thanks!

thanks for the feedback and that you like it.

any luck with the US version?

1 Like

NEW MAJOR UPDATE AVAILABLE!

4 Likes

Looks like an awesome bit of progress.
The previous version has been working excellent for the last week or two!
Shall update over the weekend and give any feedback.
Is it possible to update Blueprints and keep what was already set or do they require setting from scratch again? (Not that I mind lol)

Come Payday I will also try and remember to stick a few coffees in the pot for the huge effort.

Hi to all
i’m getting this error:
INFO Reading configuration /config/esphome/wall.yaml…
WARNING GPIO4 is a Strapping PIN and should be avoided.
Attaching external pullup/down resistors to strapping pins can cause unexpected failures.
See Frequently Asked Questions — ESPHome
Failed config

esphome: None
name: nspanel

[min_version] is an invalid option for [esphome]. Please check the indentation.
min_version: 2022.10.2 None
build_path: .esphome/build/nspanel

i found the issue, remove in the file nspanel_esphome.yaml this line min_version: 2022.10.2