Sonoff NSPanel Blueprint - Configure your own custom NSPanel easy via a Blueprint

as discussed in ithub the problem was not the code but that your esphome was not up to date :wink:

Team apologies if this is mentioned, I couldn’t see it in the thread.

How do you use this blueprint if you already flashed with the old ESP method (like in this video):

I want to reset and go this route, but am a newbie!

1 Like

hi - you have to start from scratch so reflash but use my esphome version

1 Like

To keep old information I switch to yaml mode make a copy paste in the new automation yaml mode and change to UI mode to adapt the new things. Pretty sure the option is at top right corner :slightly_smiling_face:.

1 Like

the information is preserved unless we rebuild some field in the Blueprint.

Therefore it is worth to check after the update if everything is there.

Ok will wait for an idiot proof guide. Excited to try this one out!

Check the wiki on GitHub. I succeeded so it passed the test :wink:

Happy to help with Dutch. Any pointers to the location to support this project?

Hello!
Please help! I have been suffering from tft for 2 days now. by uploading. I tried uploading the tft locally. I’m sorry, but I get this error message:
‘[19:04:05][D][switch:013]: ‘nspbphallo Update TFT display’ Turning ON.’
‘[19:04:05][D][nextion_upload:169]: Connected’
‘[19:04:05][D][nextion_upload:175]: Requesting URL: http://HA local:8123/config/www/nspanel.tft’
‘[19:04:05][E][nextion_upload:205]: Failed to get file size’
‘[19:04:05][D][nextion_upload:324]: Restarting Nextion’

Don’t worry, we’ll get it right.

The best thing is to have a look on github under issues. There are 3 contributions pinned there you will find your solution.

It makes no sense to write it here again.

Generally you have to upload the blank.tft from your HA server first - but it’s all in the issues.

Yes! I’m trying those solutions. Hopefully it works out!

I had the same issues. Can confirm downloading the blank tft file from the folder in GitHub (nspanel_blank.tft) and locally (www folder on your server) upload this to the Nspanel works. After this upload the proper Nspanel.tft from your local machine to the panel by adding it to the www folder on you ha server and point towards it in the yaml. Trigger the upload via the upload device. The upload for me was both faster and successful.

On GitHub a few people explained this more elaborate. Issue 166 is the best one to check.

I’m having a problem that I have not seen listed here.

When I create an automation from the blueprint I get an odd error message stating that the automation is trying to call an unknown service.

I thought I had messed something up and rolled back, same problem.

I installed latest blueprint, same problem.

When I try to correct the automation, I can't see anything at fault. It's a blank automation where I have just entered the name at the top.

Any ideas on what this is and how I fix it?

Ok so…
This hasn’t gone too well.

I have two NSpanels.
I tried to just edit the ESP Home sketch but that didn’t work as I had a - in the names.
So I reflashed from scratch…
Now one of them is just permanently black when connected to power (meaning it’s unresponsive, but flashed fine) and the other shows no actual update on the screen but appears correctly in HA (have tried updating TFT).

Man. Any advice would be appreciated.

Hello!
I tried all the recommended fixes, both on my panel.
Unfortunately, I have had no success with either. I tried to put together my own ESP Home yalm. to fix it, but I was unsuccessful. I also tried the nextion editor, but there the ttl did not connect to the panel. (connection failed forced interrupt) Maybe someone would describe the nextion editor step by step, I would appreciate it and so would many others.

It almost sounds like the TFT needs reflashed, have you done that step? I had that issue when I went a more complicated route to fix some issues

I just bought 3 of the US style panels yesterday. I can’t wait for them to arrive (slow boat from China). If the graphics orientation stuff still needs work when I get mine I’m happy to help get that sorted out.

Also, has anyone tried adding the ESPhome ble_proxy to these panels? That would be a nice touch to expand the homes bluetooth range.

hey have a look in the wiki - I pinned the issue at the top

I wouldn’t recommend it - BLE consumes a lot of memory and the NSPanel already has very little memory.

You will bring your NSPanel to the limit and no OTA update will work - means you have to flash manually every time.

this happens when either not all files are properly up to date (blueprint, esphome, tft)

or you have done a rename.

As soon as the name in esphome and in blueprint are not 100% exact you have such problems.

If you flashed a display with a new name, make sure to delete it from Devices in HA.

I would recommend this. Delete Esphome, delete Device from HA. Then everything again from the beginning as documented in wiki