Tahoma Integration Refactored

version 1.4.1 is out with several improvements, plus the fix to this error: Tahoma Integration Refactored

1 Like

Hi,
I have installed this component right now, but no of my devices are visible. All scenes are OK, but no devices.
log:
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.binary_sensor: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘BinarySensorEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.binary_sensor’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/binary_sensor/init.py)).
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.climate: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘ClimateEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.climate’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/climate/init.py)).
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.cover: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘CoverEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.cover’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/cover/init.py)).
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.light: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘LightEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.light’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/light/init.py)).
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.lock: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘LockEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.lock’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/lock/init.py)).
2020-07-01 20:20:19 ERROR (MainThread) [homeassistant.setup] Unable to prepare setup for platform tahoma.switch: Platform not found (cannot import name ‘SwitchEntity’ from ‘homeassistant.components.switch’ (/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/3.7/lib/python3.7/site-packages/homeassistant/components/switch/init.py)).

Hi,
What version of HA are you running?

My version is 0.109.6

Also I have an arror when executing scenes:
Maximum number of consecutive retries reached. Error is: {“errorCode”:“RESOURCE_ACCESS_DENIED”,“error”:“Not authenticated”}

We are aware of that second issue, and working on a fix. Regarding the first one, your HA insurance is outdated. In the latest versions, HA renamed their basic entity classes, hence the errors you get. Unfortunately we do not support versions prior to that change.

We (@vlebourl, @tetienne) recently released version 2.0.0 of the Somfy TaHoma custom component! This has been a huge refactor, where we support almost all available devices and increased the reliability.

Version 2 introduces async calls and a Data Update Coordinator to centralize entity updates. This makes the entity update much more responsive! This component now entirely relies on the async api pyhoma.

How to install?
With version 2.0 we are in the official HACS repository, thus you can just search for ‘Somfy TaHoma’ and install the latest version.
Or download it manually via the releases page on GitHub.

Bugs & Feature Requests
If you still cannot see your device or if you have a feature request, open us an issue.

Looking forward to your feedback and experiences!

1 Like

Since tonight I have problems with the Somfy TaHoma integration (version 2.3.4 installed through HACS). I think the problem is related to the email stuff, that is discussed in the Official Somfy API thread.

I had a Bad Credentials error message in the log and after every restart of Home Assistant I have a invalid_auth error message in the log.

I never got such an email.

Is there anything I can do to get it run again? Or am I blocked by Somfy?

Have you setup the integration via the YAML flow or the config flow? Are you able to login on tahomalink.com?

This has been reported a few more times, we track the issue here: https://github.com/iMicknl/ha-tahoma/issues/278. Have you done a lot of restarts when you received this message?

I faced this error today two times as well, but that was due to maintenance on the Somfy server. Afterwards the issue went away, without a restart.

Im waiting for the 31st of Ocotber, to hear from Somfy what they will say about “hooking up” to theirs APIs… :slight_smile:

I used the config flow. There was one restart today after an update of the Supervisor. Everything seemed to be working normal after that update. I realized that Somfy isn’t working, when I came home and the automation didn’t close the shutters.

After my post I found the issue on Github and tried the login to tahomalink.com - not successful.
The interesting thing is: when I opened tahomalink.com directly and enter the credentials I got a Bad Credential error. But when I opened https://www.somfy-connect.com/ and enter the credentials I got redirected to tahomalink.com and I was successfully logged in.

I tried to login again and now it is working again via tahomalink.com. Now also TaHoma in Home Assistant is working again.

The Tahoma App on my iPhone had no problems at any time.

Same problem since today. On the pc it works with your address https://www.somfy-connect.com/ but impossible live with https://www.tahomalink.com/enduser-mobile-web/steer-html5-client/tahoma/ error username or password. Impossible to go through the Tahoma integration in hassio. Too bad after so long without a problem.

Is this the end?

Solution : Before, I installed the Somfy integration. Then I downgraded to 2.3.2 instead of 2.3.4 it works again.

Thanks for the great work on this integration !

I was wondering if the Somfy Slim io device is integrated with this component ?

1811638-offnungsmelder-slim-io

Do you own it? Have you noticed any log message?

Is there an option to change the UI class or Widget?

I got three older (2 years old) Somfy IO screens and these are working great with the correct widget. Now I get a few new IO screens and there are displaying the wrong widget to control them in Home assistant.

My older screens

current_position: 100
ui_class: ExteriorScreen
widget: PositionableScreen
controllable_name: 'io:VerticalExteriorAwningIOComponent'
rssi_level: 76
'core:NameState': SUNILUS io
'core:PriorityLockTimerState': 0
'core:StatusState': available
'core:DiscreteRSSILevelState': normal
'core:RSSILevelState': 76
'core:ClosureState': 0
'core:OpenClosedState': open
'core:Memorized1PositionState': 105
'core:TargetClosureState': 0
friendly_name: Erker links
supported_features: 527
device_class: blind

The new screens got these properties:

current_position: 0
ui_class: Awning
widget: AwningValance
controllable_name: 'io:AwningValanceIOComponent'
rssi_level: 82
'core:NameState': SUNEA SCR 40 io
'core:PriorityLockTimerState': 0
'core:StatusState': available
'core:DiscreteRSSILevelState': good
'core:RSSILevelState': 82
'core:ClosureState': 0
'core:OpenClosedState': open
'core:Memorized1PositionState': 105
friendly_name: Overloop
icon: 'hass:window-open'
supported_features: 527
device_class: awning

Hi, widgets and ui classes are derived from Tahoma itself, so it’s not intended to be changed. But you can customize the icon and device class for those entities if the one taken from Tahoma doesn’t suit you. Have a look here https://www.home-assistant.io/docs/configuration/customizing-devices/

Great; I fixed the Icon and Ui Widget. So we are almost there.

The only problem is that the state in inversed. Is there a simple way to switch that?
Currently the screens are closed (in the bin, not blocking sun). But the widget displays the wrong icons, to close the screen instead of open it.

This might be a real issue with our component. Somfy is not consistent with its states, sometimes it’s 0=closed, 100=open, sometimes the oposit… So we mostly have to guess for each device. Can you post a bug report on github with your device controllable name, and values for open and close (I guess here, 0 is open and 100 close ?).

You are right. Both types of Somfy screens are in state open. But the screens with the right icons are on position 100 and the wrong icons on position 0. I will try to open an github bug tonight.

I have the exact same problem, any news on this yet?

current_position: 100
ui_class: Awning
widget: PositionableHorizontalAwning
controllable_name: ‘io:HorizontalAwningIOComponent’
rssi_level: 14
‘core:NameState’: SUNILUS io
‘core:PriorityLockTimerState’: 0
‘core:StatusState’: available
‘core:DiscreteRSSILevelState’: low
‘core:RSSILevelState’: 14
‘core:DeploymentState’: 100
‘core:OpenClosedState’: open