Sensor Value Offsets

Hi,
There have been a number of threads across the forum to have the ability to define an offset for various sensor values, see a few linked here:

The current solution seems to be to create a second template sensor from the original with the offset, which to me seems a bit cumbersome. I also searched for this as a feature request and didn’t find anything this wide ranged just a couple of threads specific to Tado devices.

Could we get a setting to define a numeric offset on any numeric sensor value so that people can quickly and easily do this without having to write YAML and duplicate sensors please?

I created also a feature request:

7 Likes

Both sensors are next to each other
It would be great if you could specify your offset for each sensor via a direct setting!

7 Likes

let’s get this going please

1 Like

Ditto from me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve edited the original post to cover any numeric sensor value, as limiting to just temperature sensors seemed unwise. If it’s numeric it’s likely there is some possible variance from the sensor so having a calibration value is worthwhile.

That does somewhat make this a duplicate of the request mentioned above, so if there are any admins who can close this and migrate the votes that would be helpful.

1 Like

Trito from me.

2 Likes

I’d like this too and to cover pressure / humidity etc also

2 Likes

This would be very helpful as I have about a 5 deg offset

3 Likes

+1!
Would like this implemented too :slight_smile:

In my head something like this:
Open the settings entitie you’d like to adjust.
Along with name, icon++ there is a new box called “sensor offset” where you can type value like “0.1” or “-2”

2 Likes

Has there been any update on this? I know its old…

3 Likes

None I am aware of, hopefully the longer it stays alive and more votes it receives then it will eventually get picked up.

2 Likes

Yeah, this would really be great to have. Especially since the ESPHome Integration of Sen5x sensors is bugged and temp offset doesn’t work.

3 Likes

Hello,

One more vote for me :slight_smile:

I’d like to put an offset on my humidirt sensor :slight_smile:

Thanks

2 Likes

Hello,

One more vote for me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It would be ideal to have this implemented !!

2 Likes

An excellent idea - would be very welcome

2 Likes

Seemed like table stakes when I first joined, was surprised its not in, definitely +1, templates are a pain.

2 Likes

would be nice , 3° between two aquara temperature sensor in same spot

2 Likes

Plus one from me too, I have numerous Hue Motion sensors and none of them are close when in the same spot. They essentially need calibrating against a trusted source then offsetting.

4 Likes