Tutorial: compiling open-zwave-control-panel

What do you see if you do ls -al /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/

How did you install HA - using the All In One installer, Docker, manually, …?

Hi,

I used Raspberry Pi All-In-One Installer Script. Here’s what I see after entering ls -al /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel/

Thank You in Advance

Having the same issue on a clean AiO install myself.

Could be a bug in the latest version of the installer - I’d recommend raising an issue.

Thank You, will do

By the way, here’s my configuration.yaml. Would this make a difference?

OZWCP is an independent program. Home assistant configurations shouldn’t have an impact on its function assuming home assistant isn’t running. Your post above shows that you stopped home assistant. I submitted an issue for this. If you’d like to comment on it to show multiple people are having the issue, feel free.

Edit: Created new thread specific to this issue as to not spam all previous participants of this thread.

While we’re waiting for the issue to get looked at, could you type a “make” in that directory and show me what the output is?

Here’s it is

Sorry, try “sudo make”

It worked, Thank You Roddie:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgnutls28-dev libgnutlsxx28
sudo make

Sorry, my replies are limited. Has to use edit previous post

Ok, I suspect I know how to fix it for your instance, but it’s not really the right fix for the AiO package, which should have all of this done already.

If you’re interested in trying, do:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install libgnutls28-dev libgnutlsxx28
sudo make
1 Like

never mind, just had to re-add the device.

I have a love/hate relationship going on with zwave. I have one of the GE smart door hinge things. I had it working fine connected to zwave under HA. Today I got an enerwave single relay switch. I could not get it to link with wink so I decided to see if I could get it to synch with ozwcp. I got ozwcp working, I had to do a apt-get update/upgrade to get it working, but after that, it found the door hinge and the relay switch. I removed the relay switch from ozwcp and was finally able to get it to link in with wink. Yeah!!! I shut down ozwcp and rebooted my HA box. Everything seemed to come up fine. It even found the new single relay switch wired to my ceiling fan. Life is good until I realized my automations for my office door where the hing thing is installed were not working. I checked and the hinge thing is not showing up in HA now. I have stopped, restarted, rebooted and nothing I do is making it come back. I’m not seeing any errors in the log related to zwave (I have one related to snmp, but that’s for another day). So now my question. What did I break and how do I fix it?

Recap :

• GE Smart hinge was working it was my only zwave device hooked directly into HA
  • new enerwave single relay would not join any network.
  • after stopping HA used ozwcp to reset relay switch.
  • linked single relay switch into wink successfully
  • rebooted HA
  • single relay switch shows up in HA through wink interface
  • GE Smart hinge doesn’t show up in HA anymore.

Thanks

I’m having the same “command not found” issue with ozwcp. I did a clean install of AiO on a Jessie-Lite (04/10/2017), but ozwcp isn’t in /srv/homeassistant/src/open-zwave-control-panel, and if I do a Make in the directory, I get an error about microhttpd.h:

ozwcp.cpp:54:24: fatal error: microhttpd.h: No such file or directory
 #include "microhttpd.h"
                        ^
compilation terminated.
Makefile:48: recipe for target 'ozwcp.o' failed

Disregard! The error was due to a simple network glitch, where curl failed downloading libmicrohttpd from gnu.org. Sorry.

Hello,
I know this is old thread but here I am.
I followed compiling tutorial and everything went good but after issuing sudo ./ozwcp -p 8888 I get green Starting up webserver starting port 8888
But I just cannot reach my_hass_ip:8888 in browser… too long to respond.
What can be wrong?

Thank you.

Any idea what should I try? No one else has this issue before? I can’t be that lucky… :slight_smile:

Mike, after running ozwcp, type this in another window and show me what you get:

netstat -a | grep 8888