0.6.1: The Wall-Has-Eyes Release 2

• Should address FireOS Crashes
  • Moved Face+QR to Play Vision library
  • Camera picture should be oriented correctly
  • Should fix settings ‘duplication/ghosting’ problem
  • Integrated ACRA Crash reporting
1 Like

“Request was denied for security”
Is there a setting to use this with a router that doesn’t support loopback? I can’t find an option anywhere to ignore that the certification doesn’t match the address.

1 Like

Is there any progress on bypassing the lock screen in fireOs?

Nope :frowning: The bug in 0.6 that crashed FireOS was me asking to disable it, and not error checking that it would fail. It seems Amazon is against us, but Im still hoping someone has an example of what to do if it’s not a rooted device.

Where are you seeing this error / in what context?

To clarify, I’m using letsencrypt with duckdns. When on another network I login to mythang.duckdns.org. When on the same network as Hassbian I log into https://192.x.x.x:8123 because my router doesn’t support loopback. Chrome or Firefox will tell me that the site isn’t safe because the certification doesn’t match and I have to accept that I’m going to an “unsafe” site in order to load the frontend of my HA instance.

I have https://192.x.x.x:8123 set in WallPanel as the “Dashboard Launch URL” and when I tap “Launch Dashboard” I get a blank white screen with the errors at the bottom of the screen saying “Request was denied for Security” then “net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE”. I haven’t spotted anywhere I can accept the mismatching certification.

BTW, from an environmental aspect it’s very cool that you guys are making obsolete electronics super useful again :wink:

Ohhhh ohh ok I see I see. So right, there’s probably some callbacks being raised about this and the app isn’t hooking anything either way. Ok

Ill look at adding something to ignore certificate errors. Hopefully it’s consistent between the two browser choices :slight_smile:

EDIT: logged an issue on GitHub for it

1 Like

Ok, thanks.
I also really hope for someone who has the magic answer :smiley:

Anyone tried to install it on Kindle Fire? Kindle is a good quality and cheap tablet, so I was thinking to use it for wall mounted controllers around the house. I need to do some research, but as far as I know, the app does not need much modification to be able to install it on Amazon OS.

Any other recommendation for a cheap tablet, about 7" size which I should use?

Thank you!

I have 0.5 version running on a Fire HD 7" but was not able to get 0.6 to run. It still provides a good lightweight interface to HASS so I kept it.

Does 0.6.1 work any better?

Yes! I have not tried motion yet but I can stream the camera. Is there a way to password protect the stream?

1 Like

0.6.1. is the first version I installed, on a Samsung Galaxy Tab. I did not try the camera yet, but the motion detection/turn on the screen works very well for me. Great work and thank you so much! Let me know if there is something specific you want us to test and I will.

Great project. I recently bought an Amazon Fire 7 (7th gen). Just trying a few things out for the time being. HA front end (HASS) loads fine in Chrome, and I am able to view my floorplan, etc.

https://community.home-assistant.io/t/floorplan-for-home-assistant

I installed WallPanel but then my floorplan no longer displays. No idea what the difference is between Chrome and the browser engines within WallPanel, as far as loading the floorplan goes. Anyone else tried getting the floorplan working with WallPanel?

Works fine for me on the same device with WallPanel.

Hi Corey. Do you use SSL for your HA front end? Also, have you tried using WallPanel with Floorplan from outside your home network?

I do not use SSL. I could never get it to work even before I created the subnet/chained router configuration I have now.

I have not used WallPanel outside of the home networks. I have used Floorplan from outside just not via WallPanel.

Thank you for the great application.
Camera and motion detection work like charm. I have one slightly problem though. I’m using HaDashboard with Nexus 9 and everything works great on initial dashboard (dashboard launch URL), but if I’m trying to navigate through my other dashboards, nothing is happening (e.g. from ip:port/main go to ip:port/other). With enabled option “Show Browser activities” it’s not showing any attempts to load new screen either. Any ideas where to look at?

i installed wallpanel on a new tablet with android 6 on it.

i installed 0.6 but both cameras give error 0 and error 1
upgraded to 0.6.1 but didnt help me a bit :frowning:

1 Like