WallPanel for Android Redux

I just update to the newest version and the MJPEG stream is working now. I also found out that I had to “Enable Sensor Publishing” which didn’t strike me before since the battery sensor isn’t listed under there. Still can’t change the dashboards though.

Yeah, this is a user experience issue because sensors include the battery but technically on Android the battery is read differently. I will find a way to either include the battery in the sensor list or have it be its own separate sensor setting. I am glad you are back in business.

Hey, folks. Anyone have a dummy guide to how to navigate to a different panel? I’ve read the dashboard creation page and it gives this as an example:

alias: Navigate
sequence:

• event: hadashboard
    event_data:
    command: navigate
    timeout: 10
    target: SensorPanel
    sticky: 0

Does that go in the .dash file or is that a seperate script i need to create?

I am not sure you are in the correct discussion. What dashboard creation page are you referring too? This question seems unrelated to WallPanel application.

Sheesh. You’re right. I’m reading the Dashboard creation page and working on Wallpanel at the same time. Thought both were the same thing. Sorry about that. All this stuff gets confusing :confused:

I have the same issue as @veggie mentioned in a post in Jul/2017 (WallPanel for Android [Formerly HomeDash]), getting “Request was denied for security” because the certificate is corretly signed for access outside home but when loading from local network (192.x.x.x) it raise this warning.

Do you think there is a way to ignore certificate errors so it wont show app and allow to load the page?

EDIT: Just tested on the older version of WallPanel and it works as expected, ignoring the certificate errors.

Nothing has changed from the previous version to the new version regarding ceritificate handling. Can’t you just access it using your external link anyways? I’m not sure what I could change in the application to ignore certificates, this seems like a built in browser feature.

I still can’t change the dashboard page from HA Dashboard. I was able to do that on the old version.

I’m not sure why not because I can follow links from one website to another. Have you updated to the latest version? Try going to google and then do a simple search m. You should be able to navigate to a different web page.

I have tested exactly the same scenarios on both version

WallPanel Old: Android WebView - Opens as expected
WallPanel Old: Crosswalk Project - Request was denied for security/net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

WallPanel Old: Android WebView - Blank page, page will not load/No error
WallPanel Redux:Crosswalk Project - Request was denied for security/net::ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE

So it seems something on the Crosswalk. On WebView not sure why it stays blank and will not load.

It says I have version: 0.8.2 Build 4.
When I try to go on other pages it just turns up blank. If I connect to my HA Dashboard I can see the first page, but I can’t navigate to the others.

I’m having another issue which is related to page refresh. I’m using TileBoard, made several changes to it and it is not refreshing on WallPanel. Have already restarted the tablet, changed to another page and went back. If I use Chrome on the same tablet the page will load as expected.

The page is cached and it sounds as though TileBoard is unable to update without clearing the browser cache which HASS seems to be able to do. If you want to clear the browser cache then go to the device settings then to WallPanel app then storage and clear the cache. There is no refresh button in WallPanel so it’s not possible to refresh the page as you would in Chrome. TileBoard should be updating it’s oage dynamically the way HASS does with state changes, but it appears to require a page refresh.

Are you side loading the application from the Github project page?

Are you side loading the WallPanel application or from Google Play? If you download from Google Play it may have additional permission restrictions, just my guess. Try side loading it and checking the app permissions in the device settings.

Cleaning the cache have not solved the issue, I had to clean the cache and data which made me configure it all over again. I’m loading it from Google Play. Will try to side load and will let you know.

I’m not that familiar with this. So I’m not sure what you mean by “side loading the application from the Github project page”.

You can download the app from github (ie an apk file) and install it, or you can install from the playstore, which are you doing?

I’m installing it from the play store.

Well the original WallPanel application was only available to install from the Github page. That’s the side loading method. I’ve given users the ability to also use Google Play as well as installing it from Github. So my recommendation is to install the new application the same way as you did the previous to see if that alleviates the security issue.