Which Aircondition (Heat/Cool) can be controlled by HA

You really, really need to inform yourself better, really. :wink: :slight_smile: It’s not meant rude, but all your questions, and worries, are already answered quite often, not only here in this topic. :wink:

All this here works without interfering with the A/C unit. What you actually do, is preparing an USB dongle with ESPHome and put that in your unit. Depending on how exact you did the work with your dongle, it is something between putting a USB dongle into a USB port and not use the USB port, but the cables that are connecting it.

In the end, you’re doing exactly, what Midea (or whatever brand) does. You’re connecting a Wifi dongle with the unit.

There is no chance, you’d void the guarantee! Period! :slight_smile:

Take a look at klimaworld(.)com and look for their own branded units. :slight_smile:

1 Like

well well, that does sound like a valid idea. So that is a working solution for Midea and similar models. But what about the other big names on the market (Daikin, Mitsubishi, Panasonic …) do they work similar best with ESP32 or are there other solutions?

I know there’s the recently released Faikin module for Daikin.
Seems to work exactly like the Midea one does, in the sense that it’s just a dongle.

I don’t have any personal experience with it though (but have seen plenty of praise for it), so please do your own research before committing.

2 Likes

Panasonic works, but it uses the cloud (and as far as I know, it can’t work with esphome for now)
It fails every now and then, and I have to re-set it up every now and then (I am using this in the office)
In short…it doesn’t compare to the esphome solution at home…

1 Like

If you look around here in this forum, you’ll find solutions for a lot of other brands, I for one can only speak about the Midea units. This is what I use, and I know for sure, it’s by far the most extensive module, you can find for controlling an A/C locally!

For me there is no reason to look elsewhere, because I exactly got what I wanted:

• a well-known manufacturer
  • a seller and/or brand, that is known for good support, if somethings wrong
  • an A/C unit, that gives me local control, without loosing too much functionality
  • good value for my money

As I looked around, turned out, this module is the only one, that ticks all boxes, so I bought mine and never looked back. :slight_smile:

And now I’m here, five years later, and would still buy the same combination (in fact I have bought a similar A/C unit for a friend, if that counts :laughing: )

1 Like

sooo, I am getting a better picture. Midea & ESPHome seems to offer what I am looking for.
Now I have an offer for this:
2 x Midea Xtreme Save Pro 09
and
1 x Midea Xtreme Save Pro 12
AKA
MSAGAU-09HRFN8-ME
and
MSAGBU-12HRFN8-ME
which I would like to use with these:
SMARTLIGHT SLWF-01 pro
but I can’t find proof that this combination will work until I spend a huge amount of money and try it out myself?
It is not listed here:
any suggestions?

Does it use the OSK102/OSK103 wifi dongle?

I will have to ask my supplier or somebody here in the forum knows it.

Let me save you some trouble. According to this site, the Xtreme Pro uses the SK103 dongle

1 Like

Thanks - that is good to know - but what does that tell me about the compatability with the SLWF-01 pro? @aceindy does that tell you anything as you explicitly asked for the use of the OSK102/OSK103 wifi dongle?

https://smlight.tech/product/slwf-01/

This is an esphome module ready made by an ukrainian company, same as the esphome module we are referring to

1 Like

@aceindy I guess what he’s really asking is: is the SK103 I linked to the same as the OSK103 you referred to?

I know it’s only 1 letter off, but putting his mind at rest before he invests in a non-trivial expense would go a long way towards helping to make a decision.

1 Like

Nope, this is not the one you want. This is some kind of a “hub”, that you don’t need, and I don’t know if this is usable aka is to flash with ESPHome. :slight_smile:

EDIT:
I’m so sorry, I accidentally confused the Wifi-Kit for this A/C unit with the ESP-dongle model name! I’m so sorry! :slight_smile:

What I wrote underneath is still valid, but doesn’t fit to your question, sorry! :slight_smile:

What you “need” is a model, where you won’t get the dongle with it. That would be the cheapest. But nevertheless units with SK dongles work as well as units with OSK dongles.

Just to be clear: you won’t use the provided dongle! You need to get an A/C unit, where a dongle (SK or OSK) can be used. After that, you buy or build yourself an ESP board (aka dongle), and this get’s connected to the A/C unit. The provided dongle goes into your drawer as a backup. :wink: :slight_smile:

What you need, is some kind of dongle, as for example the one linked by @aceindy. Or you get the parts yourself to build the dongle. It doesn’t make any difference how that dongle is build. Afterwards you flash that dongle with ESPHome and connect it with your A/C unit.

Hope this clears it up a bit! :slight_smile:

PS:
English is mandatory here, so just as a one time exception…

Englisch ist hier Pflicht, daher nur als absolute Ausnahme in Deutsch. :wink:

Im Grunde läuft das so:

• A/C kaufen und aufbauen
  • den mitgelieferten USB-Stick in die Schublade legen
  • ESP-Board oder bereits fertigen USB-Stick kaufen
  • Flashen mit ESPHome
  • In die Klima stecken
  • In HA nach dem neuen ESP-Board suchen (oder warten, dann wird’s automatisch gefunden)
  • Neuen Eintrag für eine Klimaanlage in HA finden, und nutzen.
  • Fertig!
1 Like

Umm. Not sure why you would confuse someone who’s just starting out like that, but the

he quoted and the link aceindy posted both refer to the same product.

2 Likes

Yes, (O)SK102/3 are the same.

2 Likes

@paddy0174 @ShadowFist is correct, the SLWF-01 is just an esphome module, pre- flashed with the same yaml.

So actually it is an out-of-the-box esphome/home-assistant solution

3 Likes

Sorry, I made an edit to the original post! I accidentally confused the ESP-dongle with the “hub” that is offered now to the units he mentioned in his post. I’m really sorry! :slight_smile:

These A/C units are now available with some kind of a smart hub, where the dongle is part of the bundle and the real connection is made via this device. This is a set from Midea and is what I thought was the one linked in the post. Here is what I meant:

You both are totally right, the actually linked product is exactly what fits the needs!

I’ll keep my mouth shut for the rest of the evening… :open_mouth: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It’s good to see you regulars monitoring each other :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Makes you late to the party :partying_face: Where have you been? :rofl:

No, really, I’m sorry for that mistake. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is as usual awesome. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: All the help I am getting here. This is such a great community. :vulcan_salute: Thank you all soooo much. Especially Patrick as he was so patient with me in the beginning. :star_struck:
I willl now go for the Media solution and let you all know how it worked out. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:There are still some negotiations to be made for my three rooms regarding the outside units (1,2 or 3 of them whatever is the cheapest) and then I am ready to order.
And yes Patrick you got that right, I am german but english is just as good for me. :sunglasses:

1 Like