Xfinity xhk1-ue - Zigbee Keypad

Hi all,

Was anyone able to get the Xfinity xhk1-ue working with home assistant? Looking to do simple automations when a certain ‘code’ is entered on the keypad. I’m currently using Deconz for my Zigbee, but it’s not a supported device. Can you use two different Zigbee controllers at once?

Xfinity_XHK1-UE

I have three of these connected to my Conbee using ZHA. It’s my understanding they will also work with Zigbee2MQTT and I think that would be the better option for what you want to do.

In ZHA each keypad is treated as a separate alarm but each keypad is tied to the network’s arming code that you set on the ZHA integration page. I made a bunch of automations that linked all my keypads together but I’m sure there’s an easier way to connect them.

ZHA as of now (and as far as I can tell) will not let you run an automation if you type a specific code. Typing a code or pressing A or B does not throw a ZHA event. It only responds to the arming code. From reading the zigbee2mqtt forums it seems like it can do what you want, but I haven’t tested that.

A number of us are using that keypad and Z2M and with automation based on code used:

Turns out, the keypad does throw a ZHA_event when you enter a code:

{
“event_type”: “zha_event”,
“data”: {
“device_ieee”: “IEEE”,
“unique_id”: “UNIQUE ID”,
“device_id”: “DEVICE ID”,
“endpoint_id”: 1,
“cluster_id”: 1281,
“command”: “arm”,
“args”: {
“arm_mode”: 0,
“arm_mode_description”: “Disarm”,
“code”: “9657”,
“zone_id”: 0
}
},
“origin”: “LOCAL”,
“time_fired”: “2021-09-13T16:41:53.022027+00:00”,
“context”: {
“id”: “ID”,
“parent_id”: null,
“user_id”: null
}
}

So you should be able to program for any code. I don’t know if this was a recent change to ZHA, but I’m very happy about it.

And in case you needed the automation:

alias: Keypad Test
description: 'Triggers an Event When code 1111 is entered into any keypad. Add device IEEE for specific keypad control'
trigger:
  - platform: event
    event_type: zha_event
    event_data:
      command: 'arm'
      args:
        arm_mode: 0
        arm_mode_description: 'Disarm'
        code: '1111'
        zone_id: 0
condition: []
action:
  - device_id: c1a07cc25e3dca46120c36f9dd3874a6
    domain: light
    entity_id: light.desk
    type: flash
mode: single
2 Likes

Thanks for this. I’ve been trying to use an xfinity keypad using this automation to open my garage door. It seems to work really well ~30% of the time. But the other 70% it’s completely non-responsive / the automation does not run.

I tried listening for zha_event(s) using dev tools, and am not seeing anything when entering numbers on they keypad. I even upgraded/added some new zigbee repeaters, to no avail. I’ve had similar issues trying to listen to Zha events with other battery powered devices too. Any tips for making this work reliably?