YET another take on an alarm system

No of course not. I just don’t have any experience with arlo. As discussed in the arlo topic you linked, try to remove it and install it again from ground up.

Else try IFTTT: Arlo - not showing anything at all - not even a Control Panel?

I can’t be of any more help, as i don’t have the hardware. We also should keep this topic free of off topic requests.

References:

Thanks man! Appreciated!

1 Like

By updating to 0.85.1, I am getting this error:

Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Use instead: entity_id: “all”

It sounds like a bwalarm thing, since the handling of entities has changed:

Slugify changed, which can impact entity ID creation if the entities had names with either a - or characters outside of A-Z and the integration has no unique IDs. We now better handle the characters and substitute it with an alternative instead of removing that character.

@gazoscalvertos Mind taking a look?

How exactly did you get it?
I updated to 0.85.1, but didn’t see any errors and alarm worked as expected…

i’m on 85.1 and even tried with a dev build and dont get any issues

what is the full error message,
Are you using the latest build of the alarm component

That is changed in 0.85, see the release notes below.

Hi al, i am also interesed in a new alarm panel , i am now using the MQTT platform and NOT the manual_mqtt platform, because all my logic is my external alam system, i am just sending/receiving mqtt for status and arm/disarm commands, therefore i cant use the manual_mqtt platform
but the mqtt platform now, is verry basic and limited,… so can i use this project instead?

now the onlt thing i can setup is like this below, thats all

alarm_control_panel:
#  - platform: manual_mqtt
  - platform: mqtt
    name: Risco Alarm
    state_topic: "riscopanel/armstatus"
    command_topic: "riscopanel/armstatus/SET"
    payload_disarm: "disarmed" 
    payload_arm_home: "partially"
    payload_arm_away: "armed"

I see the exact same error. It triggers when I try to arm my alarm. Unfortunately something else also happened after the update. I no longer see the keypad which I also stated in another thread.

My alarm panel shows the temp info in Celsius, but all my other displays are in Fahrenheit. How do I fix this? I have units set both in configuration.yaml, and under the darksky sensor.

Thank you!

@AhmadK I am getting it when arming or disarming the alarm.

@aidbish This is the full error

@gerard33 I know… I was on 0.84.6 when it was working fine last time.

@Yoinkz Yes, me too. I have a panel on my lovelace which I am using to arm or disarm the alarm, and I also cant see my keypad. However if I use the default custom panel of this alarm, it works fine, but I still get the same error.

I have this alarm panel and was working fine until 0.84.6 version.
After updating to 0.85.1 it stopped working.
Yesterday I formatted my raspberry and started all over again with new installation of raspbian and HA in virtual environment but still no go…

Two days now, I am trying to figure out what is going on, and I hadnt enabled persistence mode. I just enabled it, and I am now getting this error in addition to the previous one.

I have to note that the alarm is working fine. Arming, disarming, triggering and the automations. I am just getting this error and now my panel in lovelace, is useless. I cant disarm the using the default panel unless I open the custom one.

Well, all I can say is I updated from 0.83.2 to 0.85.1 and saw some breaking bugs (for example, one cannot have __ in input_boolean, input_datetime, input_number or sensor names) and and plenty of sql-related exceptions in the log. Almost immediately roles it back and waiting patiently for a proper update :wink:

Did you use the ‘WIPE AND RESTORE’ or the ‘RESTORE SELECTED’?
First time I’m doing this :slight_smile:

there were breaking changes in .85 regarding entity id’s. have you checked that out in the release notes

post the contents of your alarm config/automations for alarm. this maybe able to help whats going on

I’m getting the same error about entity_id: “all” however I can’t see anywhere in alarm.yaml or automations.yaml that has a missing entity_id so I’m wondering if it’s in the code code of this alarm system? (ie: bwalarm.py)

I’m having the same issue. It was working yesterday, then I updated today and no bueno. You’d think that a “warning” wouldn’t limit functionality, but so much for that concept. Hoping for a resolution soon!

It looks like it’s coming from an http call between the alarm panel and the component. But it’s a little out of my league to figure out (but I am looking into it). Hopefully, @gazoscalvertos can jump in with a quick fix:

2019-01-20 21:55:42 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.components.websocket_api.http.connection.1903579856] Received {'type': 'call_service', 'domain': 'alarm_control_panel', 'service': 'alarm_arm_home', 'service_data': {'code': ''}, 'id': 23}
2019-01-20 21:55:42 DEBUG (MainThread) [homeassistant.core] Bus:Handling <Event call_service[L]: domain=alarm_control_panel, service=alarm_arm_home, service_data=code=>
2019-01-20 21:55:42 WARNING (MainThread) [homeassistant.helpers.service] Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Use instead: entity_id: "all"
2019-01-20 21:55:42 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.alarm_control_panel.bwalarm] [ALARM] Alarm changing from disarmed to pending
2019-01-20 21:55:42 DEBUG (SyncWorker_9) [custom_components.alarm_control_panel.bwalarm] [ALARM] Pending user leaving house

I believe it happens when alarm control panel reacts to Away/Home button - it sends an event to the alarm to change state. Needs to be changed in alarm’s code.
However, it’s just became deprecated, and I assume that it does not affect functionality at the moment as it’s only a warning.

The problem that I’m seeing is that none of my notifications in automation.yaml are being sent. I created a test trigger that works fine, and the only visible indication that something is different is the warning that I’m getting about entity_id; so I am presuming that’s stopping the notifications.

This code works from the switch on the Overview page:

####################
# TEST
####################
- id: test
  alias: 'test'
  trigger:
    platform: sun
    event: sunset
  action:
    - service: notify.ios_tommys_iphone
      data: 
        title: "Alarm Away Mode Armed"
        message: "This stuff isn't working and it's driving me crazy"
    - service: tts.google_say
      entity_id: media_player.living_room
      data:
        message: "This stuff isn't working and it's driving me crazy"s

But this does not, even from manually setting the mode from the Overview page:

####################

Armed - home

####################

• id: alarm_armed_home
    alias: ‘[Alarm] Home Mode Armed’
    trigger:
    • platform: state
      entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
      to: ‘armed_home’
      action:
    • service: notify.ios_tommys_iphone
      data:
      title: “Alarm Away Mode Armed”
      message: “The house alarm has been switched on in home mode.”
    • service: tts.google_say
      entity_id: media_player.living_room
      data:
      message: “The house alarm has been switched on in home mode.”

Well, you didn’t mention it’s not working anymore (mine worked until I rolled Hass.io back).
If that’s the case, it needs to be addressed if the author is still available.

I’m pretty new to all this, but I just tested again and here’s what I’m finding. Using the code above (with Test and Armed-Home modes), if I 'switch on" test from the Automations section in my Overview page, nothing seems to happen. But if I go into the Logbook page, select the test entity, then choose Trigger from the popup, I’m getting the notifications. But for the alarm, whether I use the Alarm panel, or the Automations section in Overview, or under Logbook - I never get the notifications.

Perhaps I’m an isolated case, and it’s some other issue. But regardless, I’m hoping that someone can help figure out what’s going on !