YET another take on an alarm system

I need some help to install the alarm…
I have found two resource:

what version i need to install? i need to use the file from both version?
i have put the file but i receive this error: Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm
i’m on 0.97.1, Hassio
Thanks a lot for all your help!! :smiley:

The second one. It is being actively maintained.

I get the same error, hoping for a solution. :+1:

I have solved the problem by downloading the zip in this link: https://github.com/akasma74/Hass-Custom-Alarm/releases/tag/v1.10.1
after that use the instruction above:
copy the folder with sftp here

custom_components/bwalarm/  The alarm system code, resources and documentation there
  resources                  This folder stores your alarm configuration and some user data (i.e badges)

I can’t use the Xiaomi Vibration sensor, someone have used the alarm panel with this sensor?
They are sensor not binary, the action are Vibration or Tilt not ON or OFF.
Regards
Stefano
P.S. If are not implemented please implement this AK74 :smiley:

Best to ask here for support:

You could always make binary template sensors from your sensor.

Doesn’t work for me! Someone who has tips or solution? Has hass.io 0.95.4 now and its work but not on 0.97

As already pointed out, this version currently has no support.
If you want to use a working version, you need to install this fork and use Github if you have any issues with it.

Works for me too.

Is this how the “new UI” is supposed to look?

yes. also, please read this post

Good day! I need help. When my alarm has been armed and tried to trigger the alarm but the alarm status remains as “Home” see attached screenshot in red box.

Very much appreciate if someone could advise what need to be done in order to see the correct status when alarm has been triggered.

This custom alarm component has not been maintained for quite some time. See this replacement:

Great Alarm Panel:

Can you help? (Anyone!)

I have two Sirens and want them to sound via and Automation, what am I doing wrong, please?

Can anyone help, I have 2 sirens and want to set them off if the alarm is triggered, I thought this should be simple but I cannot get it to work:

#Sound alarm if Control Panel Armed and Triggered

- id: '1575579854434'
  alias: Turn on Sirens if Alarm Triggered
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    from: 'armed_away' # I would also like to include any armed condition, like parimeter
    to: 'triggered'
  condition: []
  action:
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: 
    - switch.hall_indoor_alarm_416
    - binary_sensor.whole_house_outdoor_siren_547 `

I am a bit of a newby so go easy on me :slight_smile:

See comments in code below

- id: '1575579854434'
  alias: Turn on Sirens if Alarm Triggered
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: 'triggered' # = any state to triggered
  action:
    service: switch.turn_on # you had the wrong service here (light not switch)
    entity_id: 
    - switch.hall_indoor_alarm_416
  #  - binary_sensor.whole_house_outdoor_siren_547  ## You can't turn on binary sensors

PS: that codewall was way too much to post. All you needed was your automation and the one or two sentence explanation.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, :slight_smile:

Have you seen this error:

This is blocking all sensors being set to armed, though I can set manually:
but when I use the Alarm Panel to arm or parimeter I get:
“Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Update your call to alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_night to be instead: entity_id: all”

Somewhere you have called a service and not specified an entity_id. This will cause you even more trouble after the next update.

1 Like

Tom, the problem is this is not my call it is somewhere within the “yet another Alarm” scipts/code.
All I am doing when I get this is hitting the perimeter or Away button in the Alarm panel. I do not have the skills to trawl the code to find the call :frowning:

As it is not happening to anyone else, perhaps one of your sensor definitions is not correct?

I hope it’s already done in this fork.
This original component is currently unsupported and has plenty of issues so there is no guarantee it’ll work for you at all.