YET another take on an alarm system

As it’s only a temporary thing I reckon here is good. Unless you start adding features and the fork drifts to a project of it’s own.

Thanks for doing this.

nice work with the fork

only query i have is the folder structure for the great migration
in your fork you have
custom_components/alarm_control_panel/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py
should it not be
custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py

2 Likes

You’re right, that’s fixed now.

1 Like

Well, my thought was it’s easy to get confused for new users or people who didn’t read the whole 1768 posts in this topic (I know none!) to get the idea that it’s pointless to use the OP’s repository at the moment and they have to use mine one until the author is back.
There is no way to update the original post as well so it’s hard to convey that fork announcement.
And when they go “I followed the instructions and installed the latest version” what should we ask them first? Every single time? :wink:
But I’m not insisting…

You know one :wink:

You also make a good point about the confusion it could cause. So I’ve changed my mind. You would probably be better off making a new post.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Anyone who is interested in having a working version of this component is welcome to join a new topic dedicated to my fork that incorporates most of the fixes and pull requests up to this date.

I’ll follow mainly that topic to help with resolving further issues/PRs provided one uses that fork because at the moment there is little sense in supporting what’s in the OP’s GitHub as it’s just way too outdated.

4 Likes

Do you know how to get the round buttons :)?

Are you asking about those Home/Away buttons?
You can have them round, but it won’t be great to my taste, that’s why I have them rectangular.
Just edit alarm.yaml so in panel section there is

round_buttons: true

or go to Alarm -> Settings and change it there.

Fixed some css. But I cant get the Number bigger and change color…
Works with inline css in chrome. But not in the css file. Any ideas?

Sorry, I don’t know… just played around with the .css file to make the panel looking less ugly :wink:

1 Like

A slightly left field question – has anyone got a good solution for an alarm keypad that meets the “family acceptance factor” ?

I found a solution online using an RPi Zero W and touchscreen, but i could just never get it working.

I have built something that works using an ESP8266 NodeMcu board, with LCD and keypad, but its considered “ugly”

Has anyone managed to interface with an exisitng alarm keypad or anything like that ?

Long time ago I decided to have a 7" Android tablet as control panel for my alarm, and I still like the result.
It’s inexpensive and MILES more flexible than any hardware configuration. My only wish at the moment is to change its connection from WiFi to Ethernet…

Thanks @AhmadK

Thats definitely plan b :slight_smile:

Hello to everyone, I’m new here so maybe I’m asking a silly question… is there a way to exclude a sensor if it’s on the “on” state at the moment of arming? I explain with an example: I have a small window in my bedroom and i usually open it during summer nights; if i open it and then arm the alarm, after a while it is triggered by the “open” state of the window sensor. The only solution is not to use the sensor at all. :confused:

I’m a bit confused.
You cannot arm the alarm with your window open unless you click Override when it says there are open sensors.
And if you do so, the only reason for the alarm to trigger is if the window’s sensor changes its state to active, i.e from closed to open. It shouldn’t happen just “after a while”…
So could you be as detailed as possible about your issue?

One more important note - this component is abandoned at the moment. Please read this.

I can’t get it to work as expected. I used installation via HACS, created folder as instructed. I get the UI and can select the different pages. The problem is that configuration changes are not stored and the alarm can not be armed.

Error log:

Sun Jul 07 2019 07:35:00 GMT+0200 (Midden-Europese zomertijd)
'<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1170, in _execute_service
    handler.func(service_call)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 401, in alarm_yaml_save
    alarm.settings_save(service.data.get(CONF_CONFIGURATION), service.data.get(CONF_VALUE))
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 805, in settings_save
    self._config[key] = self._yaml_content[key] = value
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/compat.py", line 275, in __setitem__
    return self.__setsingleitem__(index, value)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/site-packages/ruamel/yaml/comments.py", line 392, in __setsingleitem__
    if idx < len(self):
TypeError: '<' not supported between instances of 'str' and 'int'

And this:

'armed_away'
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/websocket_api/commands.py", line 121, in handle_call_service
    connection.context(msg))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1150, in async_call
    self._execute_service(handler, service_call))
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/core.py", line 1170, in _execute_service
    handler.func(service_call)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 421, in alarm_arm_away_from_panel
    alarm.alarm_arm_away_from_panel(service.data.get(ATTR_CODE))
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 1169, in alarm_arm_away_from_panel
    return self.alarm_arm(Events.ArmAway, code, True)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 1144, in alarm_arm
    self.process_event(event, arm_immediately)
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 1260, in process_event
    if (datetime.timedelta(seconds=int(self._states[STATE_ALARM_ARMED_AWAY][CONF_PENDING_TIME])) and override_pending_time == False):
KeyError: 'armed_away'

mate, please read this.
and if you have an issue, please open it on GitHub (but make sure you include more relevant information when you do so).

Same issue as you, already created an issue on github page for them

I need some help to install the alarm…
I have found two resource:

what version i need to install? i need to use the file from both version?
i have put the file but i receive this error: Platform not found: alarm_control_panel.bwalarm
i’m on 0.97.1, Hassio
Thanks a lot for all your help!! :smiley:

The second one. It is being actively maintained.