YET another take on an alarm system

As already pointed out, this version currently has no support.
If you want to use a working version, you need to install this fork and use Github if you have any issues with it.

Works for me too.

Is this how the “new UI” is supposed to look?

yes. also, please read this post

Good day! I need help. When my alarm has been armed and tried to trigger the alarm but the alarm status remains as “Home” see attached screenshot in red box.

Very much appreciate if someone could advise what need to be done in order to see the correct status when alarm has been triggered.

This custom alarm component has not been maintained for quite some time. See this replacement:

Great Alarm Panel:

Can you help? (Anyone!)

I have two Sirens and want them to sound via and Automation, what am I doing wrong, please?

Can anyone help, I have 2 sirens and want to set them off if the alarm is triggered, I thought this should be simple but I cannot get it to work:

#Sound alarm if Control Panel Armed and Triggered

- id: '1575579854434'
  alias: Turn on Sirens if Alarm Triggered
  description: ''
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    from: 'armed_away' # I would also like to include any armed condition, like parimeter
    to: 'triggered'
  condition: []
  action:
    service: light.turn_on
    entity_id: 
    - switch.hall_indoor_alarm_416
    - binary_sensor.whole_house_outdoor_siren_547 `

I am a bit of a newby so go easy on me :slight_smile:

See comments in code below

- id: '1575579854434'
  alias: Turn on Sirens if Alarm Triggered
  trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id: alarm_control_panel.house
    to: 'triggered' # = any state to triggered
  action:
    service: switch.turn_on # you had the wrong service here (light not switch)
    entity_id: 
    - switch.hall_indoor_alarm_416
  #  - binary_sensor.whole_house_outdoor_siren_547  ## You can't turn on binary sensors

PS: that codewall was way too much to post. All you needed was your automation and the one or two sentence explanation.

1 Like

Thank you for your help, :slight_smile:

Have you seen this error:

This is blocking all sensors being set to armed, though I can set manually:
but when I use the Alarm Panel to arm or parimeter I get:
“Not passing an entity ID to a service to target all entities is deprecated. Update your call to alarm_control_panel.alarm_arm_night to be instead: entity_id: all”

Somewhere you have called a service and not specified an entity_id. This will cause you even more trouble after the next update.

1 Like

Tom, the problem is this is not my call it is somewhere within the “yet another Alarm” scipts/code.
All I am doing when I get this is hitting the perimeter or Away button in the Alarm panel. I do not have the skills to trawl the code to find the call :frowning:

As it is not happening to anyone else, perhaps one of your sensor definitions is not correct?

I hope it’s already done in this fork.
This original component is currently unsupported and has plenty of issues so there is no guarantee it’ll work for you at all.

Thank you for the update, I installed the fork, but still have the same issue.

Sorry, I don’t quite get what’s your issue because of the huge amount of copy-paste here.
If you don’t know how to do something, please ask here.
If you experience problems using the integration, pease open a new issue here providing as much relevant information as possible.

with the latest update of ha all my alarm stuff doesn’t work. is there a fix? i saw Ahmadk posted on github commit about it but haven’t heard anything else since.

this integration is not supported at the moment

that’s very informative! use Github for issues and please please please provide a bit more information unless int’s just social :wink:

sorry here is the log after updating to 104, also happens on 103.

Error while setting up platform bwalarm
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/helpers/entity_platform.py", line 158, in _async_setup_platform
    await asyncio.wait_for(asyncio.shield(task), SLOW_SETUP_MAX_WAIT)
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.7/asyncio/tasks.py", line 442, in wait_for
    return fut.result()
  File "/config/custom_components/bwalarm/alarm_control_panel.py", line 317, in async_setup_platform
    alarm = BWAlarm(hass, config, mqtt)
TypeError: Can't instantiate abstract class BWAlarm with abstract methods supported_features

hope this helps, let me know if you need more info. are you running ha 103 or later with bwalarm? i read a post somewhere in the ha github commits regarding something breaking it (i thought it was you hence my short previous post). now i can’t find the post :frowning:

Sorry mate, but I cannot offer you any help if you are using the original bwalarm component simply because I have no write access to its codebase.

I can only help if you are using this fork of the original bwalarm.

Generally, it’s advised to open an issue on Github in cases like yours and not to post it here (especially in this topic).
Looking at your errors, it’s most likely this issue that has already been fixed, just update your component.

1 Like

thanks so much, i was unaware of the new fork :wink: i haven’t played with my setup for ages and just tried an update. managed to sort all other errors but was unable to sort this. but i will try your recommendation and try that fork. kind regards Steve

I sorted my issue with this commit

just in case it helps anyone else using mqtt in bwalarm.yaml.
Thanks for your work :slight_smile:

1 Like