2024.8: Beautiful badges!

@os.habitats.tech
May be a browser cache issue. CTRL F5 is one of my friend in such case.

It’s nice to see all the integrations made in YAML back in the UI. Would be even nicer to see the difference. The block of the YAML integration a darker grey or an orange line on the bottom. Something that you can see this is a YAML integration.

3 Likes

Thanks. For the time being, I reverted back to 2024.7 and am gonna try again towards the end of the month. Seen a number of people posting about odd issues with 2024.8 and I don’t want to update to what amounts to a beta version. If they haven’t fixed the new badges to be decent/usable by then, I’ll give your suggestion a shot. Thanks.

3 Likes

sure, find it posted above in 2024.8: Beautiful badges! - #10 by nickrout

if you cant read that:

- type: custom:hui-state-badge-element
        entity: light.alarm
        tap_action:
          action: toggle
        hold_action:
          action: more-info

will get you sorted (if you set specific styling, there’s no promises those will be retained, as this now is another type, and adjustments will need to be made )

1 Like

Thanks for the reply!

@madelena and @frenck, as the refreshed website was released around 2024.7, the site started to produce a weird behaviour. Is there an issue tracker for this sort of issues?

Select Display type: Standard (icon and state)
and State content: Name

1 Like

The DOM is not updated properly as there are other artefacts experienced, and in the case of the automations, browser not the issue.

For those impacted with the Alexa custom component not working it’s fixed in failed to SignIn · Issue #2407 · alandtse/alexa_media_player · GitHub (with an upstream dependency)…component seems to be pending a new Release as of now but the instructions to manually fix (update requirements in manifest.json) while running v4.12.6 are in the linked issue…

@tomkHA @Xitee @CChris you all mentioned the issue in this thread so just FYI

4 Likes

True, the “badge” is not new but as the previous badge element was effectively replaced by a completely new look, which can’t be switched, we could just call it a new card :slight_smile:

Anyhow, you completely missed the point: The forced bi-directional relation between the top row and the badge card is unnecessary.

I am loving the new badges but I would like to see more flexibility:

• using chips also in sections, so on complete dashboard (like normal cards)
  • using normal cards also as badges (I have display devices where the chips are so small that they can hardly be selected on that dashboard, for these I need bigger cards)
  • what about optional sidebar(s), header, footer?
1 Like

This notice applies only if you use the recorder integration with a MySQL or PostgreSQL database. If you are using the default SQLite database, you can ignore it.

What happens when i have mariadb?
My database size is 5GB. I am using HABlue to run HA. How much time should i expect?

a little bit chalk and cheese as not same machine, but my 4.5GB mariadb database took just over 70 mins to update on a PI5

(a notification appears in HA when the conversion starts and dissapears once complete so you know when you’re done…it’s in the logs too)

3 Likes

The qBittorrent integration has stopped working after upgrading to 2024.8. I have the following in my logs:

Logger: homeassistant.setup
Source: setup.py:334
First occurred: 17:48:29 (1 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:48:29

Setup failed for 'qbittorrent': Unable to import component: cannot import name 'TorrentStatusesT' from 'qbittorrentapi.torrents' (/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/qbittorrentapi/torrents.py)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1007, in async_get_component
    comp = await self.hass.async_add_import_executor_job(
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/concurrent/futures/thread.py", line 58, in run
    result = self.fn(*self.args, **self.kwargs)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1067, in _get_component
    ComponentProtocol, importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/loop.py", line 200, in protected_loop_func
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1331, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 935, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 995, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 488, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/qbittorrent/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from .coordinator import QBittorrentDataCoordinator
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/qbittorrent/coordinator.py", line 16, in <module>
    from qbittorrentapi.torrents import TorrentStatusesT
ImportError: cannot import name 'TorrentStatusesT' from 'qbittorrentapi.torrents' (/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/qbittorrentapi/torrents.py). Did you mean: 'TorrentStates'?

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/setup.py", line 334, in _async_setup_component
    component = await integration.async_get_component()
                ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1027, in async_get_component
    self._component_future.result()
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1019, in async_get_component
    comp = self._get_component()
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/loader.py", line 1067, in _get_component
    ComponentProtocol, importlib.import_module(self.pkg_path)
                       ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/util/loop.py", line 200, in protected_loop_func
    return func(*args, **kwargs)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/local/lib/python3.12/importlib/__init__.py", line 90, in import_module
    return _bootstrap._gcd_import(name[level:], package, level)
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1387, in _gcd_import
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1360, in _find_and_load
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1331, in _find_and_load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 935, in _load_unlocked
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap_external>", line 995, in exec_module
  File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 488, in _call_with_frames_removed
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/qbittorrent/__init__.py", line 30, in <module>
    from .coordinator import QBittorrentDataCoordinator
  File "/usr/src/homeassistant/homeassistant/components/qbittorrent/coordinator.py", line 16, in <module>
    from qbittorrentapi.torrents import TorrentStatusesT
ImportError: cannot import name 'TorrentStatusesT' from 'qbittorrentapi.torrents' (/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/qbittorrentapi/torrents.py). Did you mean: 'TorrentStates'?
Logger: homeassistant.config_entries
Source: config_entries.py:2871
First occurred: 17:57:57 (2 occurrences)
Last logged: 17:58:01

Error occurred loading flow for integration qbittorrent: cannot import name 'TorrentStatusesT' from 'qbittorrentapi.torrents' (/usr/local/lib/python3.12/site-packages/qbittorrentapi/torrents.py)

I discovered what the issue was. Badges using the entity filter don’t convert into new style badges using equivalent viability rules. You need to remove the entity filter using the complete Dashboard Yaml editor and readd to use visibility.

What about new notification groups? I am using yaml until now to group my mobile app notification services. I tried to mimic the same in UI, but these notification entities for mobile apps don’t show up in the dropdown. Is there any limitation?

I am not sure what happened there. It didnt take much time :-/

2024-08-08 09:49:53.883 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Updating Home Assistant to version 2024.8.0
2024-08-08 09:49:53.885 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Updating image ghcr.io/home-assistant/odroid-n2-homeassistant:2024.7.4 to ghcr.io/home-assistant/odroid-n2-homeassistant:2024.8.0
2024-08-08 09:49:53.885 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.interface] Downloading docker image ghcr.io/home-assistant/odroid-n2-homeassistant with tag 2024.8.0.
2024-08-08 09:51:55.818 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [supervisor.docker.manager] Stopping homeassistant application
2024-08-08 09:52:19.650 INFO (SyncWorker_9) [supervisor.docker.manager] Cleaning homeassistant application
2024-08-08 09:52:20.379 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.module] Update pulse/client.config: /data/tmp/homeassistant_pulse
2024-08-08 09:52:20.776 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.docker.homeassistant] Starting Home Assistant ghcr.io/home-assistant/odroid-n2-homeassistant with version 2024.8.0
2024-08-08 09:52:20.776 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Wait until Home Assistant is ready
2024-08-08 09:52:47.758 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] Starting system evaluation with state running
2024-08-08 09:52:48.070 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.resolution.evaluate] System evaluation complete
2024-08-08 09:52:50.852 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant Core state changed to APIState(core_state='NOT_RUNNING', offline_db_migration=False)
2024-08-08 09:52:52.728 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Auth request from 'core_mosquitto' for 'addons'
2024-08-08 09:52:53.078 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Home Assistant not running, checking cache
2024-08-08 09:53:27.576 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Auth request from 'core_mosquitto' for 'homeassistant'
2024-08-08 09:53:27.924 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.auth] Home Assistant not running, checking cache
2024-08-08 09:53:52.403 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant Core state changed to APIState(core_state='STARTING', offline_db_migration=False)
2024-08-08 09:53:58.454 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Home Assistant Core state changed to APIState(core_state='RUNNING', offline_db_migration=False)
2024-08-08 09:53:58.454 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Detect a running Home Assistant instance
2024-08-08 09:53:58.454 INFO (MainThread) [supervisor.homeassistant.core] Successfully started Home Assistant 2024.8.0
2024-08-08 09:53:58.582 INFO (SyncWorker_0) [supervisor.docker.manager] Cleanup images: ['ghcr.io/home-assistant/odroid-n2-homeassistant:2024.7.4']
1 Like

think those logs are just for the Core upgrade finishing…the DB will update the schema separately…you’ll see a Notification when it starts (and is in logs for Core too)

It looks like it took around 30 min.

1 Like

If you’re ok with modifying the manifest file for AMP… the comment in this bug report fixed it for me (upgrades alexa.py):

1 Like

Am I the only one who upgraded and still see the old badges with no way to add new ones as shown here? Quite sure I’m missing something but could not figure out what…