Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

https://esphome-configs.io/ :+1:

lol nice! Didn’t know about that.

There aren’t nearly as many devices on there as with the tasmota, strange.

I wonder why @exxamalte’s code isn’t there for the LED strip for example

Is it being actively maintained?

Has anyone flashed one of the following plugs with tuya convert and tasmota?

Edit (fixed link) :
https://www.amazon.com.au/Wireless-Compatible-Assistant-Anywhere-Synchronization/dp/B07S95FPH3/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?keywords=Rgb+plug+wifi+smart&qid=1579738416&sr=8-2

It has an RGB ring which I would like to use as a reminder for bin collection.

Link is broken

This repository has only recently been started, but is growing.

This is maintained by volunteers, so it’s not always instantly updated. My PR is only 2 days old, let’s wait a few more days.

I’ve recently configure it and wrote a guide for setting up Mirabella Genio IR controller (Kmart) integration

I see that you have the code for esphome for Brilliant-Smart-Wi-Fi-RGB-Garden-Light

The one I bought today was model number 20959/06 which is a little different.

It should still work the same right?

I should point out that I’m having trouble with the Arlec PB89HA board, switch A and B keep turning off and on randomly unless I disable the “binary_sensor:” in the config completely…

I don’t think they will without changes to code. I have the 20959/06 and hooked up some lights from the supported 4 pack and they are blue when the others are yellow. So config must be different!

1 Like

I have a PB89HA working with esphome without this problem. I’m using sight different binary_sensor, but the code you have does only effect the first 2 plugs with a single and double click and should work. Maybe your button is stuck.

If you set

logger:
   level: VERBOSE

You’ll see the button being decoded on the console.

I don’t have the line

hardware_uart: UART1

in my config.

Aside. my button config turn on plug 1, then 2, then 3 and 4, with each single push.
(and off with each double push), and toggle all on or off with a long push.

Thanks mate, would you mind sharing your config? I’d like to try it.

Can someone help me on how to flash, I can’t find any details

or https://templates.blakadder.com/deta_6922HA.html

That is odd! I would have expected it to work.
Blue is a single channel. While Yellow is the other two channel on (Green and Red).

Which seems to says the channel output are inverted at the light.

What colour are you asking it to produce?

Warm white is the colour selected. I purchased the 4 pack to add to the existing system. I have connected 2 additional lights and they are both blue.

Summay:

• You ask for warm white
  • you get yellow on the 6 pack lights
  • you get blue on the 4 pack lights

This does says the lights are physically different. (appear inverted on each channel)
The original 4 pack was only RGB, no W, so how are you asking for warm white (from the color wheel? I guess yellow is somewhat warm light)

That deta switch and gpo flashed with tuya_connect without a problem.

Yes the lights seem to be physically wired differently as you suggest. Both are not rgbw. Just rgb. So yellow would be the correct term. I can’t try to change the physical connection to confirm as they only go in one way to the connector. Although I may get out the razor and make it fit!

I think if you are giving the color you ask for on the it’s light, then everything is fine, it does use
the same setup, but the lights are not interchangeable.

this controller produces include inverted output, the lights expect an inverted input.

You could add inverted: true on each output section, and see in the light swap behavour.

I can give it a crack! But being as the lights are in series I still won’t be able to have the two types in the same setup by the looks of it without physically rewiring the lights themselves.

The light are in actually in parallel, but its the same problem. Basically there is nothing you can do to make these lights work together without hacking the lights physically.

If you do find that they reverse roles with this firmware change, you could build a circuit that takes the output of one set of light, inverted the signals, and passes it out to the other type of lights. Its simple enough but requires power.

Did you check Blakadder…

I don’t believe that device is Aus certified though, but I could be wrong.

That is a shame, very compact.