Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

I bought a few of the new v2 version of the athom plugs. They are really good.
I used this opportunity to reflash these with esphome, and I learned a lot while doing it. (even bricked one, which can happen if you are not careful).
They give good power readings, and can easily be turned on/off via HA.

@sparkydave out of curiosity, when you got your 99111 working within HA, did you do it using the Tuya integration or Tuya-local? Reason I ask is it is the first Tuya device that I can see with Smart Life (app) and it all works fine, but when HA sees it via the Tuya Integration, it says it’s always unavailable and doesn’t really recognised it as a fan (except by name). I’m wondering if there is something about this device that HA is not happy with via the Tuya Integration.

Screen Shot 2022-08-11 at 11.20.11 PM

Has anyone in Australia successfully been able to dim these Zigbee2MQTT compatible dimmers from OzSmartThings via HA?

Apparently there are those that have but haven’t seen any evidence of that in this forum, OzSmartThings can’t offer support so I’m stuck having installed 10 of them and I’m being told

If it isn’t yet supported have you tried going through this process? Support new devices | Zigbee2MQTT

I currently have installed at home:

1. 1 x Wiser Dimmer Switch.
  2. 1 x Shelly Dimmer 2.

I have on pre-order:

1. 1 x Oz Smart Zigbee Dimmer Switch.

While I like the Wiser Dimmer, I do find it is a tad slow to respond, cannot get OTA updates without the Wiser hub, and does not reliably update it’s state to z2m when the button is pressed. Hoping to trial the Oz Smart Things Dimmer, and compare the 3 to see which is best for my setup.

I’d be curious to know what you ended up picking.

1 Like

If any of you have some of the newer un-Tuya-Convert-able Officeworks / Bunnings Brilliant smart plugs gathering dust, you might want to try this:

1 Like

Yikes, speed and reliability is a concern. I’ve got switches for the entire house sitting in my basket ready to go. With clipsal branding and pricing I would expect a very seamless product. I’m somewhat prepared that I’ll need to buy the hub simply to perform firmware updates… hopefully they are better once updated?

1 Like

I flashed mine with Tasmota

I wouldn’t be surprised if my wiser dimmer is running a pretty old Zigbee firmware.

If I was fitting the house with these, I’d 100% buy the hub just for the firmware updates before reconnecting to my Zigbee2mqtt instance.

Does anyone have a Mercator ikuu ZigBee hub I can borrow for firmware updates and troubleshooting?

Hi @SgtBatten ,

I don’t have a hub, but i am interested in how you go with this.

I have a few of the Mercator mech switches and dimmers and have noticed that they ‘squeel’ a little bit (as if it has coil whine). Just wondering if you’ve seen this with your Ikuu switch as well?

If there’s a firmware update, im wondering if it fixes it…

I have a few of the 2AX clipsal wiser mechs. They respond SUPER fast through ZHA.
I do however have the issue mentioned above of having to physically press buttons twice if an automation changed the state of a switch that no longer matched what someone had last pressed.
Backlight reflects this properly though. I’m pretty happy, just wish I didn’t have to 2 press… hmmm that hub $$$

1 Like

Hey @benflux,have you made any progress on this issue? I recently had an issue with a double GPO that Z2Q was identifying as a different product and subsequently not working properly. Is your product being identified correctly? It’s not showing as unknown, is it? As my issue looked like a Z2M issue I created an issue on github. Koenkk gave me fantastic support and gave me a new external device file to make it work perfectly. I would suggest engaging over on github and offer some support (by way of coffee).
Good luck.
Brian

Thanks @bdnstn i will do just that tomorrow

I bought a couple of these about 2 years ago and flashed them with tasmota. Im looking to get a couple more. Does anyone know if they can still be reflashed? or have they changed the chipset?

https://www.bunnings.com.au/verve-design-grid-connect-smart-18w-led-angie-ceiling-light-with-rgb-ring_p0119808

Never fear, there is a new solution.

1 Like

I got into the home automation game late, so every single piece of Tuya kit I’ve bought from Bunnings has had the newer chipset, be it Brilliant, Arlec, or Deta.

Does anyone who has an IoTaWatt installed know how accurate it is compared to your energy provider’s billing?

My SMA energy meter is inconsistently inaccurate. I could calibrate it if it had a reasonably consistent error but day to day it varies from 10 to 20% different from my energy provider (both production and consumption have different errors too). It’s connected correctly so the only difference I can attribute this to is integration/response time.

Pretty close - I have 3 of them

Yesterday for instance - i am being told on my providers portal (Ausgrid - Sydney - Origin Energy) that i used 73.97 KWh (thats what they have billed me for)

My IOTAWATT on the mains tells me i have used 75.2Kwh - and thats adding back in the solar i pushed out - which was 1.2Kwh (we have batteries) so pretty damn close (and within the 1% margin of error i would expect)

Craig

1 Like

Thank you. I think I might have to place an order.

Do you use the custom or core integration?