Australia - Electrically Certified Hardware

Anyone get the email from Athom about the soon-to-be-released plugs?

This is the one here - https://www.athom.tech/blank-1/tasmota-esp32-c3-au-plug-v3

Looking at the image, it appears to had the CE mark, and been updated to a “V3”. I know their last AU plug didnt seem to last too well, and some people had issues. Never used tasmota personally, would be more interested if it was running ESPHome, but appears its only a new version of the tasmota/matter plug

I wonder if they “accidentally” used the wrong logo.

3 Likes

So far so good no issues with that Zigbee Light Switch, will be ordering 2 more 1 gangs and a 2 gang for the rest of my switches in the home for uniformity sake since they are very nice design wise.

Update:

I have now swapped all my light switches with the zigbee based ones and the only issue I had was to chip away some brick where the 2 gang one was to be slotted in.

I am waiting on a zigbee based door sensor to arrive so I can tie in my ceiling light and corner lamp to when I open the front door when it gets night.

No other issues with the actual product itself at this time.

Probably the easiest solution here is to use something like the ZigBee switches mentioned a few posts above. Get a two gang so you can control the light and fan separately. The sparky will need to ensure a neutral is available at the switch location. Then you can put a humidity sensor or your choice in the room to automate the fan control but have the flexibility of the ZigBee button also controlling it directly.

This is what I have going with my exhaust fan that is tied to the light atm in my bathroom, I use the govee H5179 set to trigger the exhaust fan at 90% (ie when I am having a shower) and to turn it off after an hour whilst the smart plug for the dehumidifier (since it turns on when power is turned on) and is set to turn on a above 60% and off once its under 40%.

I would need to run a new cable to separate the fan from the light by an electrician so this is the solution I have working at this time.

I have been also using the home assistant plugin for my stream deck xl to make some quick access controls when I am at my desk for my AC, smart plugs and what not heh.

Yes. Not interested. They need to fix reliability / durability and conform to local standards.

1 Like

I got the email and was wondering the same.

But I’d say you are probably better off with the Arlec if you want to go cheap. At least they are certified and (I think) they have fewer reported/confirmed issues.

Looking for some advice regarding automating my bathroom ceiling exhaust/light/heater. I have 4-gang switch plate with rocker switches for fan, light, heat lamps and set of downlights.

I’d like to replace just the fan switch with a smart option so I can automate (HomeAssistant) it to manage humidity.

Any reccomendations - preferably Zigbee, but WiFi ok ?

Clipsal Wiser switch runs my shower exhaust fan. I know they are a bit expensive but how committed to a smart home are you?

Works flawlessly in home assistant ZHA with Conbee II or via pressing the button.

What happens if the external humidity is greater than 60 or 40. Your fan will turn on and never turn off. Using power without any result. I do the same but the condition for the automation is the outside humidity is less.

I have just installed four Clipsal Wiser fan controllers on ZHA. Worked upfront and flawlessly just like the other wiser products I have installed.

I also bought four Wiser Smoke Alarms. Works with existing Clipsal wireless smoke alarms I installed downstairs when renovating down there and ZHA out of the box.

Yes Clipsal is dearer but the time I save pays for itself.

1 Like

The exhaust fan is set to run for an hour which its dropping to 60-65% and the dehumidifier runs until it drops under 40%, I also have both tied to turn off when I am in bed since I am using a water leak sensor with a pressure pad as my bed sensor set to 30s for being in or out of bed to disable or enable automation/lights as needed.

For the humidity sensor I am currently using a govee h5179 set to the fastest update interval to provide that data. I also have a good lot of the stuff now tied to my streamdeck xl on a dedicated page for manual control when I am at my PC.

Glad to hear it. I have a contractor writing up a Wiser quote for me.

Jason, are you referring to this: https://www.clipsal.com/products/smart-home-solutions/wiser-smart-home-solutions/connected-ac-fan-controller-zigbee-41ecsfwmz?tab-document-1=0&itemno=41ECSFWMZ-VW?

I run Z2M with SkyConnect dongle. Any info on whether it works or not with Z2M?

That is the one, I don’t use Z2M so can’t comment sorry

Clipsal Wiser for all three.

Yes swapped mine for Clipsal Wiser. More expensive but saves time on fixing the cheaper ones

I tried…

My fan is single speed (on/off) but the iconic is 3 speed. Are you using it with a multi-speed fan?

Hi Mark, I use a 2A wiser switch for the exhaust fan

https://www.clipsal.com/products/smart-home-solutions/wiser-smart-home-solutions/wiser-connected-smart-switch-zigbee-default-mode-2ax-240v-41e2pbswmz?tab-document-1=0&itemno=41E2PBSWMZ-VW

The fan controllers are for my ceiling fans

1 Like

I’m about half way through my install now. Have a bunch of switches, dimmers and just recently added an AC fan controller.

I’ve tested these across ZHA and Z2MQTT and have now settled on Z2MQTT for better compatibility. Note that for the AC fan controller you need to be on the ‘edge’ version of Z2MQTT until the converter is merged, which should be any day now.

Z2MQTT creates entities for the wiser options like LED button behaviour and ballast controls for dimmers which ZHA didn’t last I looked. You could control these tediously through ZHA toolkit though.

Another thing noteworthy is that I see many online comments about poor tactile feedback from the buttons but actually solved this easily - it happens when the clipsal iconic plate is over tightened to the wall, which causes it to bend slightly, then the button face doesn’t site flat against the plate. My buttons feel heaps nicer after loosening the ones that didn’t feel clicky and responsive.

Oh - one last thing. I got a few form a local wholesaler at trade price and they had old zigbee firmware (problematic as I don’t have a wiser hub). I’ve since got all my units from sparkydirect for close to trade pricing but all of their units had much more recent firmware, probably due to higher stock turnover.

Oh one other -very- nice thing is that you can use binds in Z2MQTT to link the wiser button actions either one or both ways directly. As in, it will still work if HA or Z2MQTT is down with no perceivable delay.

3 Likes