🚿 Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan

What idea?

Hi, I have a fan that have normal speed of 64%. I want it to go to 84% when some humidity have reached, and go back to 64% when humidity have lowered. Is it possible with this blueprint?

@Brkie

Yes, what you would do is use the fan speed option ‘Enable the fan speed - turn off option’. In ‘Fan Switch’ you would enter in your 84%, then in ‘Input - Fan Speed - Switch Off’ you would enter in your 64%. If you haven’t set up your 64% and 84% most of the community do this through a script. If you need help doing this then please ask and someone will help you set it up.

Blacky :smiley:

Hello everyone. I’m a newcomer to this project. Could you please explain how to set up the following automation: when the humidity increases by three percent, turn on the fan, and when the humidity returns to the pre-shower level, turn it off. So far, my automation looks like this. Am I doing everything correctly?

@bogdan.sv

Start here in the FAQ.

Q: How do you set up a Derivative Sensor Helper?

A: Please follow these steps Click Here

Q: I have set up a “Derivative Sensor Helper” but how do i set up the automation settings?

A: Please follow these steps Click Here

1 Like

Hey, thanks for this great blueprint! I wanted to share some data from tonight’s showers - my wife, daughter and I having back to back showers. Do I have it dialed in pretty good with these results, or could it be improved? Seems to be working fairly well, but I read your comments on getting the derivative numbers down as low as possible. Thanks again!

@zgehr

Welcome to the community

No problem your welcome.

All looks like your doing well. Just keep monitoring it over the next few weeks and adjust if needed. You just want to make sure that it triggering at the right % and not false triggers. You don’t have to go low, low it just has to work for everyone. Once you get it working well then you will probably never look at it again.

Thanks, that’s what I was missing

No problem, happy to help.

1 Like

Hi Blacky. I really like your project, thank you. I have a suggestion for visually improving the project, but I don’t know if this is a question for you.

In your projects, there are fields with ticks (for example, Months For Winter Mode in Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan). The ticks are placed vertically and visually take up a lot of space. Maybe it would be better to place them horizontally? It would look more concise

@bogdan.sv

That is a HA thing.

Best way is to post a feature request. If you do let us know and I will vote on it.

Thanks for your suggestion :smiley:.

Blacky

1 Like
1 Like

Thanks, Blacky. You were right - got it dialed in and it’s proving to be very reliable!

@zgehr

Nice one, thanks for letting us know. As you go throughout the year you may have slightly different settings for summer v winter. Keep that in mind as you have the option to apply different settings for summer and winter. Once you got that set up it will work year after year :wink:

Just found this blueprint while I’m switching back from NodeRed automations to HA the best way I can. One thing I noticed missing which I thought would be a nice addition is to add an option to respect dew points. So if humidity outside would be greater than inside the automation should not run. It could be optional though depending on the use case of this automation but I think it would make a nice option to configure.

@kurisutian

Thanks for your feedback. When developing this blueprint I tried all of this and it just didn’t work well even getting false triggers. It works of a derivative sensor… try it out and see how you go. We have been using it here for over 2 years everyday and it never misses a beat.

Make sure you check out the FAQ on how to set it all up correctly… it can take a week to get it right but I think once you nail it it will be worth your effort.

Let us know how you go and thanks for reaching out :+1:

1 Like

Would it be possible to lower the max humidity to 60%? Currently the slider starts at 80%. For my particular use case (laundry room not the bathroom) the humidity changes because of the dryer and I would like to start when it’s more than 60%. 80% would be to much in this case. When manually setting it to 60% it did not start so I presume it does not allow it lower than the current 80% limit from the slider, correct? Thanks!

Just type the number you would like ‘60’ and click save. It will still work.

I have tried to get this automation running, without any succses, i hope to get some help.
I have a Duco ventilation system, and have it running in homeassistant.

I use the “Duco ventilation High permanent” as the fan switch.
I also added the overide switch, and added it into the dashboard, but when i activate the button, nothing happens. i dan’t added any other options, because i first want the automation running, later i can add more options.
I hope somebody can help. what am i doing wrong?

This is the Yaml code i use.

alias: Badkamer Ventilatie
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/bathroom-humidity-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    trigger: sensor.badkamer_vochtigheid_afgeleide
    fan_switch:
      entity_id: switch.duco_ventilation_high_permanent
    rising_humidity: 0.2
    falling_humidity: -1
    include_fan_speed: fan_speed_disabled
    include_lights: lights_enabled
    light_switch:
      entity_id: light.badkamer_spots
    light_time_delay: 5
    include_light_control: []
    light_colour_temperature: 6000
    light_transition_on: 2
    light_transition_off: 4
    fan_speed_low: []
    fan_speed_off: []
    by_pass: input_boolean.bathroom_humidity_sensor_by_pass

i did change some settings, with not any success, no matter what i try, the fan is not triggerd by the blue print, when i push the button “Duco ventilation High (permanent)” the fan is going to high speed, but doesn’t work in the blue print.

I also add a manual override button, but this button also is not working. I don’t understand it anymore. i probely do something wrong, but i don’t know what.

This is the code for now,

alias: Badkamer Ventilatie
description: ""
use_blueprint:
  path: Blackshome/bathroom-humidity-exhaust-fan.yaml
  input:
    trigger: sensor.badkamer_vochtigheid_afgeleide
    fan_switch:
      entity_id:
        - switch.duco_ventilation_high_permanent
        - input_boolean.duco_ventilation_high_speed_toggle_helper
    rising_humidity: 0.2