Broadlink Integration - add support for RM4 Mini

Did you ever find that file? I’ve got the same issue.

No luck at all

I’m also awaiting the pull-request to be added so i can reach my RM4C mini :innocent:

Unsupported device: 0x6539. If it worked before, please open an issue at Issues · home-assistant/core · GitHub
16:26:02 – broadlink (ERROR)

1 Like

I managed on HassOs supervised by opening SSH and type:

docker exec -it homeassistant /bin/bash
cd /./usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/broadlink
vi __init__.py

type i to get into editor mode
add this line:
    0x6539: (rm4, "RM4C mini",  "Broadlink"),
hit esc to leave editor mode
type :w to write changes to file
type :q! to exit vi

You should now be able to add the RM4Mini with id 0x6539 immediately

You only need this file change to add devices.
Note that this file change will not survive a server upgrade (however, any added broadlink device remain available once this line is re-added).

9 Likes

Thanks for your help. But i did the same thing and the error are here yet.

Added the line, but can’t add the integration. I need to run any docker command to enable this?

Seems the updated file can’t be accessed by the host, that says is device not supported.

Thanks in advance

Can you check your log and verify your typeid is 0x6539 ??
(you can see it in your logs…)

And if you re-open init.py with vi after you saved it…does it show the extra line ??

Thanks, my friend.

When you said that the edit will not survive a server reboot, i was fearful to try. Double checked and the file was edited and saved, but don’t work.

Mysteriously, wen i did a reboot, that works!

Thanks one more time for your help!

Weird…after a reboot my file is back in its original state, but the discovered RM4 remains …
Anyway, good that you got it working :wink:

Same error with RM4C mini

Unsupported device: 0x6539

1 Like

Thanks aceindy!
Like k7franklin, I had to reboot before it would work, but my rm4 mini has been added now.

I’m a Hass n00b and “installed” Hass by downloading the VHDX on my Hyper-V server… I suppose this method only works when you’ve installed Hass using the Supervised route?

Thanks in advance!

No. I use HASSIO and used ssh to access docker instance. But, for this works, i need to use community Web and Terminal addon and not the oficial ssh addon.

Thanks, will install those and give it a try!

Sorry, which addon? I only found ssh and terminal addon…

Thanks,
Paolo

SSH & Web Terminal, is avaliable in hacs, i think.

Thanks! Already installed!

Hmm…something fishy going on with 2020.12 updates… :tropical_fish:
I lost my RM4c mini 0x6539 after the update from 2020.12.0 to 2020.12.1…
Even restoring a snapshot did not bring it back.

Had to re-add the line once more to restore it (i did not have to re-install the integration or re-learn the IR codes)

I have a RM4C Mini with device type 0x6539 which was saying it was unsupported in homeassistant.
I spent hours reading many threads and putting together all the information which I learnt.

I found that device type 0x6539 was not in the current version of homeassistant (at the time of writing this post). I needed to update the file containing the supported device types to allow the Broadlink integration to work with the device.

I managed to find the file which is located in the homeassistant docker container on my installation.

You can either plug in a monitor and keyboard to your Pi or setup host SSH on port 22222 using the instructions here. Debugging the Home Assistant Operating System | Home Assistant Developer Docs

Once you have managed to get to the host and have a shell type:

login

. You should be on the hypervisor OS now. If you type:

docker ps

it will show you all the containers running on your host and you will see one called homeassistant.

If you now type:

docker exec -it homeassistant bash

you will end up in a bash shell inside the homeassistant docker container.

Now you can change to the following directory:

cd /usr/local/lib/python3.8/site-packages/broadlink

In this directory will be a file called "__init__.py "
I used vi to edit this file:

vi _init_.py

I added the following line under the SUPPORT_TYPES section

0x6539: (rm4, “RM4C mini”, “Broadlink”),

Now write and quit the file to commit your changes. You should now restart your homeassistant instance which will read in the new file and discovery should find your new Broadlink RM4C mini which has a device type of 0x6539.

After following this method I have found the new learning and sending functionality in the recent update for the Broadlink integration amazing. Thanks for the devs for all their hard work in the recent release.

I hope this post helps collate information I gathered from a number of different threads to help someone with the same issue.

5 Likes

@Jamezz98 An exact duplicate of what I said :wink:

Thanks @aceindy. I must somehow missed your post, apologies. :slight_smile: