Hello, this is yet another blueprint script for notifications.
- Need simple way to create confirmable notifications.
- There’s confirmable notifications, but did not have timeout actions.
- Focus was to add timeout feature - wait for X duration for response.
- Upon timeout, run other actions or dismiss notification.
- Make it easier to create multistep notification automations.
- Use at your own risk, no guarantees provided; it’s my first publicly shared blueprint.
- Tag required for some features, any unique string will do the trick.
See notifications docs for details.
Forked from Home Assistant’s Confirmable Notifications
- Sends a notification to a device with companion app installed.
- First Action button with custom label and action
- Second Action button with custom label and action
- Timeout options with custom duration if no action response received.
- Automatically dismiss notification if no response received after timeout.
When the last user leaves home, send a notification to last user:
My Awesome Home
Turning off lights and appliances in 5 minutes
- First Action Text:
Leave it on
- First Action Action:
- Second Action Text:
Turn off now
- Second Action Action:
Run turn off script
- Timeout Duration:
- Timeout Action:
Run turn off script
- Clear on Timeout:
- Reverted: Send clear notification command - for iOS compatibility.
tagis no longer recommended, will use
- Fixed: During a timeout, the script throws error into logs due to checking attribs of
iOS Only- Thanks @ChrisMancini
- Fixed: Missing default values for a couple of inputs
- Updated: Input description style
- iOS Notifications do not respect
Clear after Timeout, issue since version 1.3, slated for fix in version 1.4 (Mid July)
- Scripts created from blueprint always defaults to
mode: single, bug raised with Home Assistant and fixed, hopefully this will be resolved in future releases.
Update your instances manually if you’re facing any issues with sending multiple notifications within your timeout duration.
Enable Icon Color
Icon Colorhex template
- Fixed: Incorrect property used for timeout enablement.
- Added: Icon Color picker - Breaking Change
- Added: Notification Link - set a redirection link when you tap on the notification.
- Added: Device side notification clearing - clearing notifications will no longer get stuck!
Again, thanks to joe.cole1 for the insights in this minor release.
Also, thanks to RemyyB for identifying the incorrect variable and raising a PR, sorry for taking a week to fix this.
( Color picker is easy enough to configure, so it shouldn’t be absolutely breaking to warrant a major)
Clear on Timeoutas boolean field
Persistentnotifications not working
Clear on Timeoutdid not clear if a timeout happened
- Initial Release