Flow-based programming for the Internet of Things.
Node-RED is a programming tool for wiring together hardware devices, APIs and online services in new and interesting ways.
It provides a browser-based editor that makes it easy to wire together flows using the wide range of nodes in the palette that can be deployed to its runtime in a single click.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other Hass.io add-on.
Add our Hass.io add-ons repository to your Hass.io instance.
Add the following URL:
- Set a
credential_secret, which is used to encrypt sensitive data.
This is just a “password”, which you should save on a secondary location.
- If you do NOT use SSL, be sure to set the
- Start the “Node-RED” add-on.
- Check the logs of “Node-RED” to see if everything went well.
- Log in with your Home Assistant username/password.
- The add-on works straight out the box! No need to configure a server!
Note: The add-on is pre-configured out of the box! There is no need
to add/change/update the server connection settings!
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Node-RED
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as an Hassio / Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Community Hass.io Add-ons project.