ITead SONOFF ZBMINI-L Zigbee 3.0 Smart Switch without neutral wire is small to fit junction-boxes?
It is meant to be fitted into a junction-box/back-box behind your existing wall switch and used to convert/transform any dumb wall switch into a smart wall switch which will work over Zigbee 3.0
- Supported rocker light switch and push-button wall switch.
- Connectivity – Zigbee 3.0 via TI CC2652P, up to 50 meter range (line of sight)
- Single live wire
- Input – 100-240V 50/60Hz up to 6A
- Output – 100-240V 50/60Hz up to 6A
- Maximum Load and Minimum Load
- Resistive – 1380W Max @ 230V, 720W Max @ 120V
- LED – 300W Max @ 230V, 150W Max @ 120V
- Mimimum Load 3W (so in theory will not work without any load?)
- Featuring “anti-flickering module”
- Dimensions – 54 x 45 x 24mm (supports 35mm DIN Rail mounting)
- Enclosure material – PC V0
- Temperature Range – -10°C to +40°C
- Certifications – FCC, CE, SRRC, TÜV safety certification, Zigbee Alliance Zigbee 3.0 certification
It is based on same CC2652P chip as its Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus so wondering uf could also work as s a Zigbee Router?
Update! It has now been confirmed that the firmware on this device is configured as “Zigbee End Device” (ZED) so not a “Zigbee Router” (ZR), meaning that it will not route/repeat messages to work as a Zigbee signal repeater or mesh range extender, and being a “Zigbee End Device” (ZED) will also have a sleepy configuration which may affect its response times, e.g. more similar to other battery operated devices than to an always-on mains-powered device.
Warning! Another big downside to be aware of before buying that I can guess from the specifications is that with its dimension measurements being quite large it might be some work fitting it, the back parts of the wall switch, and all cables into a standard 60mm round junction boxes / back boxes used in most of the European Union.
PS: The reason why I thought it would “work good as a Zigbee Router” was that it can be fitted any junction box/back box in the house, so it will be inside the wall and not in the open. Even it will be surrounded by powered live wires and it only has a simple onboard PBC circuit board antenna. On the other hand, it will always be better to buy dedicated Zigbee Routers devices will be permanently installed and always in. Like example Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 USB Dongle Plus flashed with Zigbee Router firmware, as it can in any USB charger and work without any load, thought it might be harder to hide.