Solution (Workaround) for Zigbee/ZHA devices stuck in "Interview Complete. Configuring."

I want to share with you a little accidental observation, that made it possible for me to pair Zigbee devices that would otherwise be stuck in the state of Interview Complete
Configuring....

To reach that state I set my device (here a frient FLSZB-110 water sensor) into pairing mode, click Add Device in Home Assistant and wake the device regularly using the wake-up/factory-reset button. The device already leaves pairing mode and considers itself paired. But Home ZHA doesn’t. The device did not yet appear in the devices, yet.

If at this stage, I reload the ZHA integration, the devices appear and everything works great. The configuration is also applied so I have all entities that belong to my devices.

The reload is doing something that should happen in the Add Device workflow. But yeah. Here’s that. I hope someone stumbles over this, as I did not find anything and always got pointed to the “Make sure you have a solid mesh or a full battery” posts which are very good but didn’t get me here.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This is a great find. It should help a lot of people because I hear this a lot.
I changed this to a Community guide and I added it to the Cookbook in the Zigbee section.

Thanks for the Awesome contribution to the Community.

Thank you for this! I was stuck trying to pair a Hue SML001 motion sensor, but this tip fixed it.