Pi-hole is an advertising-aware DNS- and web server, meant to be run on a dedicated Raspberry Pi connected to your home network. Pi-hole lets you block advertisements for every device that connects to your network without the need for any client-side software.
This add-on is a port of Pi-hole to be able to run on Hass.io and is based on Alpine Linux and is using Docker.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other Hass.io add-on.
Add our Hass.io add-ons repository to your Hass.io instance.
Add the following URL:
- Install the “Pi-hole” add-on
- Start the “Pi-hole” add-on
- Check the logs of the “Pi-hole” add-on to see it in action.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Pi-hole
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Community Hass.io Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as an Hassio / Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Community Hass.io Add-ons project.