Visual Studio Code, accessible through the browser.
This add-on runs Visual Studio Code, allowing you to edit your Home Assistant configuration straight from the web browser and can be embedded straight into the Home Assistant frontend UI.
Visual Studio Code runs as a remote server using
code-server, and is a fully-fledged VSCode experience.
The add-on has the Home Assistant and MDI icons extensions pre-installed and pre-configured right out of the box. This means that autocompletion works instantly, without the need for configuring anything.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Visual Studio Code” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Start the “Visual Studio Code” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Visual Studio Code” add-on to see if everything went well.
- Click the “OPEN WEB UI” button to open Visual Studio Code.
Please read the documentation for more information about the use and configuration of this add-on.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Community Hassio Add-ons Discord Chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord Chat Server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Visual Studio Code
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.