I would like to share an AppDaemon I have been working on. In my setup, I use Zigbee2MQTT and some IKEA devices. I bought 2 IKEA E1524/E1810 and 1 IKEA E1743. When trying to integrate the controllers I faced two problems:
- I couldn’t find any integration for these controllers to work smoothly to dim and brighten the light (brightness and color temperature). So I created a very long spaghetti automation yaml to solve. You can find the solution in here
- Once I had a working solution. I had to copy and paste the same automation for the other controller and light, which I did not like.
With all this, I came up with the idea to create an app for AppDaemon so I could share it with everyone. The app can be found in xaviml/controllerx.
This automation brings the following functionalities to IKEA E1524/E1810:
- Toggle light
- Manual increase/decrease of brightness and color temperature
- Smooth increase/decrease (holding button) of brightness and color temperature
This automation brings the following functionalities to IKEA E1743:
- Turn on/Turn off light
- Manual increase/decrease of brightness
- Smooth increase/decrease (holding button) of brightness
The integration is now on HACS and ready to use.
Let me know what you guys think or if you have any suggestions.
This project has evolved and now it supports many more devices and can be integrated with zigbee2mqtt and deCONZ and ZHA. You can check the latest features in here