Manage your Docker environment with ease.
Portainer is an open-source lightweight management UI that allows you to easily manage your a Docker host(s) or Docker swarm clusters.
It has never been so easy to manage Docker. Portainer provides a detailed overview of Docker and allows you to manage containers, images, networks and volumes.
The Portainer add-on is really powerful and gives you virtually access to your whole system. While this add-on is created and maintained with care and with security in mind, in the wrong or inexperienced hands, it could damage your system.
The installation of this add-on is pretty straightforward and not different in comparison to installing any other add-on.
- Search for the “Portainer” add-on in the add-on store and install it.
- Set the “Protection mode” switch to off.
- Start the “Portainer” add-on.
- Check the logs of the “Portainer” add-on to see if everything went well.
You can always try to get support from the community here at the Home Assistant community forums, join the conversation!
Questions? You have several options to get them answered:
- The Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server for add-on support and feature requests.
- The Home Assistant Discord chat server for general Home Assistant discussions and questions.
- Join the Reddit subreddit in /r/homeassistant
You could also open an issue on GitHub, in case you ran into a bug, or maybe you have an idea on improving the addon:
- Open an issue for the addon: Portainer
- For general repository issues or add-on ideas open an issue here
At this moment our Home Assistant Community Add-ons Discord chat server and GitHub are our only official support channels. All others rely on community effort.
Repository on GitHub
Looking for more add-ons?
The primary goal of our add-ons project is to provide you (as a Home Assistant user) with additional, high quality, add-ons that allow you to take your automated home to the next level.
Check out some of our other add-ons in our Home Assistant Community Add-ons project.