Frigate Mobile App Notifications

Fix worked, thanks for bringing this up :slight_smile: Now I receive notifications

Does anyone have a suggestion on how to use this blueprint to trigger a separate automation?
For Halloween, I have a fog machine that is controllable from HA. I’d like to use this blueprint, which I already use for general detection, to also trigger the fog machine when someone is detected.

Would I have to change the blueprint or does HA have a way to detect when an automation is triggered and use that to trigger another automation?

1 Like

Use the automation triggering as a trigger for another automation that turns on you smoke machine.

trigger:
  - platform: state
    entity_id:
      - automation.car_on_carpark_frigate
    to: "on"

I think that should do it.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’ve just installed this Blueprint on my Home Assistant running on an Unraid VM.

Each time I click ‘Run’, it appears to run then becomes immediately ‘Unavailable’. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the Frigate integration installed. Frigate runs on a separate Docker.

This is my automations.yaml:

- id: '1667261906958'
  alias: Frigate Notification (0.10.0)
  description: ''
  use_blueprint:
    path: hunterjm/frigate_0.10_notification.yaml
    input:
      camera: Driveway
      notify_device: 8ee84f1e29ac3882ee377d8f610ca4c9
      critical: true
      update_thumbnail: true
      labels:
      - person
      zones:
      - driveway_people
      zone_filter: true

You can’t trigger it (run) manually. It requires information from MQTT. You will need to walk in front of your camera to make it trigger.

If you are using frigate version 0.11 you need to apply the fix posted several times in the past weeks, otherwise it will error.

1 Like

I’m trying to manage telegram notification using Nodered, but I still didn’t succeeded.
Can you share your flow ?
Thanks

If you use MQTT explorer and monitor your events, you can copy the MQTT message from the event you are interested in and then publish it to your MQTT server.

This will trigger the automation for you and save you the trouble of walking in front of the camera.

Very useful for fault finding.

Ahh interesting, just retransmit a message. Nice one!

Thanks but it appears I’m using Frigate 0.10.1-83481af.

How do I check if my MQTT server is operating correctly?

Thanks, I’m using ‘Mosquito broker’ which must be working to a certain extent because Frigate is starting normally. How do I determine the MQTT messages associated with my desired event?

You need to start by downloading MQTT Explorer.

Then log in to your Mosquito broker and watch the messages arriving.

You’ll see something like this:

Copy the Event value from the right and then publish it back to your broker to trigger your automations.

Is there a way to set it so there is a button on the notification that opens up the live camera in frigate instead ?

I know you can set it to open up lovelace panels but HA is very clunky and unreliable with that sort of thing.

Seems like theres a problem with Frigate, you cant reference directories like /events/ or /cameras/camera from HA ingress.

The HA api only has a few endpoints, so you would need to expose frigate directly to the internet and use that url if desired.

I’m planning to add a custom button to the blueprint but not sure the best way to do it that will work for most people. Probably need to point it to the frigate tab in home assistant.

I just ended up making a bunch of lovelace panels with a frigateCard for each camera. Its true the events browser for the frigateCard is ugly but its the best we got until they fix it up. I hear the changes for frigateCard are going to be much faster & look nicer. Just woulda been much easier if i could just open up HAfrigateIngressURL:5000/events?camera=camName

Ease of use is more important right now, so i edited the notification blueprint so you can just tap one button on it and it points to /lovelace/cameraName

It would be nice to add a way in blueprint options to modify the existing buttons like Silence Alerts etc to do different things like go to lovelace panels.

I’m working on this currently. I’ll PM you what i’ve got so far. Still testing.

I’ve got frigate itself accessible externally so for me i can actually go to frigate directly for the live view

Hi All,

Out of the three actions we currently have:
View Clip, View Snapshot and Silence new notifications.
which is the least popular?

Android has a limit of 3 action buttons. I could make all 3 customisable, but if i was to make just one customisable, it means the other two are always there and the functionality of the chosen one is replacable.

Personally i think i’d be least likely to need the view snapshot button. How about you?

Been testing this for a few days and the only one I did NOT use up till now is the view snapshot. So would agree with you

548 posts were split to a new topic: Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0

Please use Frigate Mobile App Notifications 2.0 instead.

3 Likes