⏲ Timer

Open your Home Assistant instance and show the blueprint import dialog with a specific blueprint pre-filled.

GitHub Link Click Here

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

Version: 1.1 :fire:

Need help? :eyes: See our FAQ: Click Here

:newspaper: The Automation Process:

• Enter in a time you would like to turn ON the entities, then set a duration to turn OFF the entities.
  • You have the option to set four time periods.
  • You must create a time helper for this automation to run.

:rocket: CHANGELOG

:shield: MY OTHER BLUEPRINTS

:bulb: Sensor Light - Motion Sensor - Door Sensor - Sun Elevation - LUX Value - Scenes - Time
:infinity: Sensor Light Add On - Media & Movie Lights - House Alarm Lights - Smoke Alarm Lights & Exhaust Fans + More
:shower: Bathroom Humidity Exhaust Fan
:low_battery: Low Battery Notifications & Actions
:vibration_mode: Appliance Notifications & Actions - Washing Machine - Clothes Dryer - Dish Washer - ETC
:calendar: Calendar Notifications & Actions
:round_pushpin: State Notifications & Actions
:toilet: Toilet Exhaust Fan with time delay
:hourglass_flowing_sand: Entity - Run ON Timer
:stopwatch: Trigger - Run ON Timer
:gear: Turn Light, Switch or Scene On & Off with Trigger Conditions
:magic_wand: Manual light control with auto OFF
:door: Closet, Pantry, and Cupboard Lighting
:thermometer: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan
:snowflake: Temperature Control Exhaust Fan - Inverted
:eight_spoked_asterisk: Toggle Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:nazar_amulet: Press Button - Turn ON & OFF Entities
:on: Switch - Turn ON & OFF Entities

Like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button below :+1:

2 Likes

FAQ

Q: How do I create a time helper?

A: Please follow these steps Click Here.

Initial release 1.0

New blueprint :partying_face: Hope you like it :wink:

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

Blacky :grinning:

FAQ - How do I create a time helper?

1. Go to Settings / Devices & Services / click on the “Helpers” tab / click “+ CREATE HELPER” and select “Timer”.

2. Enter in the name you would like to call your time helper. Select an icon if you like. Leave the duration set on 00:00:00 as the automation will apply your setting to this. Click “restore?”, this will restore / keep the time helper going if you restart Home Assistant.

3. Your done. Now just add the time helper into your automation.

TIP: If you add your time helper into a dashboard and you click on it you will be able to pause, cancel or finish it.

Enjoy

Back to FAQ: Click Here

Hi, from your posts it’s not clear (to me at least): is it a clock or a timer?

@Nick4

Fair call, I will rebrand it… thanks for your input.

Blacky :smiley:

1 Like

New Update 1.1

New branding from “Time Clock” to “Timer”. If you have version 1.0 you will need to delete the old blueprint and reinstall again as the file location has changed to. Sorry by bad.

If you like this blueprint? Consider hitting the :heart: button in the top post :+1:

If you like my blueprints, and would like to show your support or just say thank you? Click Here :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Enjoy

I had this confused with the timer entity while in fact it is more like a timer-based schedule with fixed start and end times.

I don’t want to tell the master of blueprints how to make a blueprint, so this is more out of curiosity: what are the benefits of an automation with a timer over an automation with statis start and stop times?

I’m a fan of your blueprints. Keep up the good work <3

Yeah good question.

The good thing with a timer is that it survives a restart and the time just continues on if you set it up correctly. Also if you restart HA and at the time you ask it to turn OFF, it is the exact time HA restarts then it will stay ON. How many time would this happen? probably a very rare occasion but is nice to know that if you start somting it you give it your best shot to make sure you turn it OFF. I do like it when you can just set the ON and OFF time with not having to do any maths, but unlike a local timer with a battery back-up this can help.

Thank you for the explanation. Good to know that timers survive a reboot (with some left over fringe cases).

In this particular blueprint, the start time appears statis, so the end time is also statis.
A start time at 7:15 with a duration of 15 minutes would be the same as start time 7:15 and end time 7:30.

I did think if a use case where I would want to adjust or extend the timer in certain events. This is not possible with a static end time, so your choice to use a timer seems to be more future/feature proof.

Yep, that is correct.

Hi , is it possible to edit timer directly from lovelace?

@supperka

Currently no but I will put it on the list of suggestions.

1 Like